Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Installation and Service Technician, Sensomatic, you would:
- Install, service, troubleshoot, repair, and perform maintenance on Tyco Integrated Security retail products and equipment at customer sites.
- Keep track of your service calls via computer, including closing out calls once the customer is satisfied.
- Maintain a parts inventory.
- Teach customers how to use their Tyco Integrated Security equipment properly.
- Keep your manager in the loop about your customer's satisfaction, any potential sales opportunities or any recurring problems.
- Use a computer to receive and prioritize work orders, with supervision from your manager when necessary.
- Take care of other tasks as needed.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D.
- 2 years of technical school training or military training.
- 2 to 4 years of electrical and/or mechanical experience.
- Experience with or knowledge of an oscilloscope.
- Experience reading blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Mechanical aptitude and be able to use hand and power tools.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A valid driver's license and safe driving skills.
- Enough agility to be able to stand, squat, kneel, bend, crawl, climb, sit, climb a ladder and lift 30 - 50 lbs (occasionally overhead).
- A clean background including references and drug screen
- Proof of identity and legal ability to work in the United States.
Tyco Integrated Security LLC offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Tyco, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale. Tyco is a EEO/AA/D/V employer.