|Job Ref:||34274||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||Brazil||City:||Atibaia||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
Job Description Summary:|
The candidate will accomplish the following routine tasks:
(i) Issue repair dispositions and job cards for product non-conformance ensuring compliance with requirements from different authorities (ANAC/FAA/EASA) using acceptable and approved technical data;
(ii) Substantiate minor alterations and repairs to ensure positive margins of safety using acceptable methods and procedures;
(iii) Provide technical support to all UTAS do Brazil departments ;
(iv) Communicate with customer engineering as well as other sites engineering;
(v) Support in-field repairs;
(vi) Improve local methods and processes, as well as support establishment of new repair capabilities attending demands from aero structures components.
Functional And Technical Knowledge
The engineer/experienced technician shall interact with Shop Personnel, Engineering Departments overseas, Authorities, In-Field Representatives, and other with the purpose to solve technical issues. It is essential for the candidate to have broad experience with repair designs and technical reports, in order to provide production with suitable repair solutions that can be incorporated/accomplished using local resources. The candidate shall also have sufficient technical skills to support the introduction of new repair capabilities, especially those related with bonding environments.
Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineer (2 years' experience in a MRO repair environment) or Mechanical Technical Degree (at least 5 years of experience providing technical support in a MRO repair environment).
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering (2 years of in field experience); Technical Degree on Mechanics is also acceptable (at least 5 years of in field experience).
- Capable of read and interpret blue print and standards, and show good understanding of design calculations (static and fatigue evaluation methods).
- Experience in developing repairs and/or reporting repairs to OEMs.
- Good understanding of aeronautical production methods: assemble of mechanical fastened and bonded joints.
- Familiarity with LEAN tools;
- English - advance level (read, write and verbal communication);
- Good communication and time management skills;
- At least basic knowledge of Autocad;
- Advanced knowledge of Office Package;
- Basic CATIA R5V20;
Verbal And Written Communication
Effectively communicates alteration of repair design details to others.
20% Travel required (National and International)
Report To: Engineering Manager