|Job Ref:||34974||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Charlotte||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
Database Administrator Job Purpose: Maintains database by identifying and resolving issues; supports Application Owners and ensures IT Security and Audit requirements are being met.|
Database Administrator Job Duties:
• Maintains database performance by evaluating current performance, adjusting values for database parameters and configuring metrics for meaningful alerts.
• Applying Critical patch updates; Evaluating/Implementing maintenance releases as required.
• Proactively monitors database storage and memory requirements.
• Ensures data consistency with database backups and Disaster Recovery planning.
• Evaluating operating system parameters and hardware platforms for optimal performance.
• Working with Application Owners and Configuration Management team for maintenance window approval and scheduling.
• Provides documentation and Standard Work Instructions for maintaining databases.
• Coordinating support with Application vendors and 3rd party Infrastructure support teams.
• Assists Developers with debugging, performance tuning and ensuring that best practices for database transactions are being met.
• Maintains quality of service by establishing and enforcing IT Policies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks within given timelines, supporting other team members and completing all Business requirements for training and compliance.
Skills/Qualifications: Database Performance Tuning, Database Security, Continuous Process Improvement, Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Quality Focus, Database Management, Archive Data Maintenance, Detail Oriented, Windows and UNIX Operating Systems, Information Security Policies. Minimum 5 years experience with one or more of the following databases: "Oracle RDB and Oracle RAC, Microsoft SQLServer, or IBM DB2". Bachelor of Science Computer Science or Software Engineering.