|Job Ref:||34995||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Solihull||Address:|| |
UK, United Kingdom, , West Midlands, Solihull (Show on map)
|Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
The selected candidate will play an integral strategic role in the International Trade Compliance (ITC) activities of UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) - EU business locations. The incumbent will have responsibility and oversight working with the EU UTAS locations to ensure compliance and risk protection in all areas of international trade in accordance with national, EU and international Customs Directives, national law and other requirements.|
Preferred location is Shirley or Wolverhampton. Other locations in the UK will be considered.
1. Overall responsibility to implement UTAS ITC objectives for Customs and Import compliance within the EU community.
2. Manage and support business interaction with Customs Authorities.
3. Lead customs technical advice and research for UTAS EU business activities.
4. Identify compliance gaps, lead investigations and identify and support implementation of required corrective actions where appropriate. Support and advise during inquiries and investigations of customs activities for EU business locations including remediation activities and corrective action implementation.
5. Active participant to UTAS Central ITC Import and Customs Compliance team to ensure consistent customs compliance globally.
6. Lead in the development, implementation, enhancement and maintenance of country specific international trade compliance procedures and standard work incorporating all EU directives.
7. Support internal audit and self-assessment program requirements as well as manage ACE activities.
8. Coordinate EU Customs and Import activities with other UTC major business units.
9. Monitor EU Customs Community Directives, aligning UTAS EU business processes to comply with changing requirements including trusted trader programs.
10. Participate on SAP/GTS teams ensuring EU requirements are appropriately addressed within IT development, training and use.
11. Attend and present at training seminars (in-house, external, self-study) and actively participate in various UTC and government roundtable discussions, committees and organizations as appropriate.
University Degree required; Advanced degree, multiple language proficiency, Customs license (if nationally available) preferred
7-10 years' experience working in international trade compliance, prior experience working international trade compliance at a publically traded company is preferred and proven track record for enhancing customs compliance programs.
Thorough understanding of EU Community Customs Directives and Requirements. World Customs Organization knowledge a plus.
Knowledge of Export Compliance laws (EU national export laws, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulation (EAR)), IncoTerms® 2010 and Logistics practices.
Must have experience in a highly matrixed organization and the ability to brief senior management on complex legal issues and project milestones.
Must be able to set vision and execute projects from beginning to end while managing multiple priorities, locations and time zones.
Must be a good communicator and be able to effectively manage others through dotted line reporting, across corporate and legal entities.
Self-starter with strong organizational, planning and follow-through capabilities with a client focus working effectively in a time-sensitive environment.