|Job Ref:||35470||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||Brazil||City:||Atibaia||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
Job Description Summary:|
As the on-site program team member, the service engineer is the customer point of contact for technical support of KC-390 flight test program and serial production.
Responsibilities involve interfacing with customers on-site, managing UTC Aerospace Systems hardware, and coordinating technical support which may require support from technical, program, and operations teams. Manage discrepant hardware and site mechanical repairs. Monitor company hardware as well as following aircraft marketing data.
KC-390 flight test and production to be based in Gaviao Peixoto (GPX) while program support will be needed in Sao Jose dos Campos (SJC). Position can be based in either location, but may require extended travel to the other per program needs.
Verifies delivery commitments and identifies potential UTC Aerospace Systems issues. Attend customer program reviews and required meetings. Monitor the flow of UTAS product through plant.
Partners with other field representatives to resolve customer issues before they are elevated to customer & UTAS leadership.
Understands and applies continuous improvement methods to enhance the customer's and UTAS's performance and relationship.
Participates in Lean and continuous improvement activities of multi-functional teams to bring improvement, and/or countermeasures for customer's & UTAS's performance.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Portuguese and English.
- Demonstrated product and organization knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify and complete standard tasks without direction.
- Working knowledge of customer processes which includes aircraft marketing intelligence and coordinate engineering changes through customer site.
- Recognized as reliable and accurate source of customer information with aftermarket services support with full logistics understanding.
- Resource to others for searching and reporting knowledge of customer processes and potential customer issues.
- Strong understanding of contracts and technical requirements
- Ability to understand and bridge cultural differences between UTAS and supplier/customer companies.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing flows, manufacturing engineering and outside processing.
- Intermediate computer skills and able to create basic spreadsheets in Excel, presentations in PowerPoint, write business correspondence in Word, and manage e-mail, and schedule meetings in Outlook. SAP,
- Good understanding of Lean/CI principles
- Ability to work in a high stress environment
- Must be able to work off hours and holidays, as program or manufacturing schedule requires.
- Ability and willingness to carry a cell phone and respond to customer calls.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, and lift up to 35lbs. for 8 plus hours per day.
Bachelor of Science Degree and 4+ years Aerospace Manufacturing experience or Master of Science Degree and 2+ years Aerospace Manufacturing experience.