|Job Ref:||1032930||Employer:||KBR, Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Delaware||City:||DE||Address:|| |
UK, United Kingdom, , Nottinghamshire, Newark (Show on map)
|Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:02|
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION |
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our clients have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With more than 27,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
LEAD SPECIALIST, COST CONTROLS
Under general direction, the Lead Specialist, Cost Controls uses specialized knowledge or skills to solve complex and unique problems. The incumbent establishes priorities for the completion of assigned tasks and uses judgment to interpret internal and external issues and develop best practices. The incumbent provides technical direction over a group and is responsible for coaching and developing lower level professionals. He/She relies upon experience, interpersonal skills, and broad knowledge of project controls to ensure task completion in compliance with policies, procedures, and business strategy.
• Forecasts, controls, and reports project costs needed within an organization
• Develops and provides project variances, trending and analysis of expenditures, and completion reports
• Reviews project costs incurred by category, calculates future costs based on labor productivity, material price increases, subcontract, wage rates and risk analysis
• Manage large projects and programs from an owner and customer cost perspective
• Manage confidential customer and owner cost information according to guidelines
• Provide forecasting guidance and projects for assigned projects
• Perform Overhead, Contract Administration and Budget Management processes including monthly preparation and presentation
• Perform SOX reconciliations and project and process audits as needed
• Assist customer with cost versus capital decision making
• Oversee and Participate in site cost system implementations and updates
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related Business degree preferred or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
• 15 years cost controls experience on engineering/construction projects, small and large scale
o Experience in high profile, time and schedule constrained projects preferred
o Project experience in manufacturing and refinery industry preferred
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
o Must be proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
• Must be able to present cost reporting, forecasting and variances to large project teams and engineering leadership
• Must have experience and working knowledge of multiple cost systems, to include SAP, CMS, Nexxus, Hyperion, PAYUS, Oracle and PCCS
• Excellent communication skills and ability to function within a project team, multitask and be a self-starter