|Job Ref:||1500031S||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:04|
Cummins Power South is the official distributor for Cummins in Georgia, Florida, and the Chattanooga, Tennessee area. We provide diesel and alternative-fueled engines and power generation systems as well as sales, parts, service, and engineered solutions. At five certified Coach Care locations, we deliver top-to-bottom RV coach service. Most importantly, we strive to build our customers' trust through responsive customer support.|
Cummins Power South University (CPSU) is designed to provide students with the opportunity to continue their diesel training by attending a three-month training program focused on Cummins "on-road" Heavy Duty and Midrange products dating from 1991 through 2010.
Cummins Power South University
Mid-Range and Heavy-Duty Engine Training Program
The CPSU program runs for twelve-consecutive weeks and will be held at our state-of-the-art training center in Tampa, Florida. To qualify, interested candidates must complete the online application and go through a selection process.
Qualified candidates who are accepted into the program:
1. Will receive a full scholarship which covers tuition, books & supplies
2. Will be placed in the program as a "trainee" and will be paid prevailing wages while attending the program to cover living expenses.
3. Will receive special negotiated rates for extended stay suites
*Housing is not provided however; we will work with you to assist in finding suitable temporary housing in Tampa, FL
Students who successfully graduate from CPSU will be fully certified on Cummins products and will be ready to join the heavy duty diesel engine repair industry. Graduates may be offered a regular, full-time position as a diesel technician in one of our fourteen service locations and will be required to make a service commitment to Cummins Power South.
• Highly skilled in diagnosing and correcting problems, testing, checking, repairing and rebuilding within Cummins standard repair times (SRT).
• Ability to operate all machine tools and testing equipment.
• Submits complete written job reports.
• Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company service vehicle, including but not limited to:
o Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
o Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
o No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
o No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
o No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
o Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to)
• Completes individual development plan for personal and professional improvement work and attends training sessions, as required.
• Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
• Participates in all assigned training.
• Willing to learn new technologies.
QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Graduate of a technical or community college preferred.
• Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and perform repairs.
• Must be able to work with detailed information under considerable time limitations and with limited supervision.
• Knowledge of BETT, CBT and INSITE preferred and/or other software programs that support our markets
• Good communications skills.
• Good listening skills.
• Ability to operate a laptop to perform diagnostics.
• Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, Protective Footwear as required.
• Standing 7.5 hours per day.
• Pushing/Pulling 4.0 hours per day.
• Sitting 1.5 hours per day.
• Lifting 1.5 hours per day.
• Lifting up to a maximum of 80 pounds.
• Bending 3.0 hours per day.
• Driving 1.5 hours per day.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .