|Job Ref:||CA_31639||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Post Date:||27/10/2016 01:04|
Purpose of Role
There is a requirement for an Estimator on a 12 month fixed term contract, to work as part of a growing business on a significant and high profile long term project.
Ideally with an M&E bias, the successful candidate will be capable of taking outline specifications of requirements and developing fully priced solutions. In addition, there may be a requirement to support the project management function periodically.
Responsible for assisting in the effective commercial practices within a project ensuring:
• Information is available for timely and accurate applications for payment.
• Adherence to Risk Management processes and procedures
• Drafting of contractual correspondence
• Preparation of accurate and prudent cost /value analysis
• Budget preparation
• Interim and Final account measurement
• Site measurement and drawing take off
• Pricing and Rating variations and compensation events
• Extension of Time
• Interim payment and final account agreement of sub-contracts
• Ensuring good quality and accurate records are kept
• Maintenance of cost information.
• Verification and agreement of Sundry Accounts
• To assist in the production of Project Procurement Strategy Documentation
• To assist in the production of Project Value Enhancement Plans
• To ensure the effective performance management and development of his/her direct reports, and the effective organisation of everyone working directly for them
Additional Role Information
Strong communication and written skills required, together with technical knowledge, and the ability to work as part of a close knit team.
This is a Government contract and the ability to gain a high level of security clearance (DV) is essential.