|Job Ref:||36983||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
This role will cover full EH&S Management at the Marston Green facility, ensuring full adherence to both appropriate UK legislation and the enhanced requirements of UTC Aerospace Systems. The position will have three direct reports (2 EH&S Advisors and one Occupational Health Nurse) that must be efficiently and effectively managed.|
• Fully understand all appropriate UK legislation and the enhanced requirements of UTC Aerospace Systems regarding the full range of EH&S responsibilities as detailed in procedure ES-36-821.
• Effectively manage, develop and utilize the wider EH&S Team.
• Develop, maintain and implement a site wide EH&S strategic activity plan to ensure full business compliance.
• Secure necessary buy-in and support from the wider business management Team to effectively implement all necessary EH&S plans and activities.
• Implement appropriate management information / communication systems to ensure full visibility of all EH&S pans and activities particularly ensuring factual updates to the Senior Leadership Team.
• Accurately maintain the business and Corporate reporting system based dashboard relating to key EH&S activities with substantive evidence to support compliance.
• Identify and implement appropriate EH&S training activities for all employees including line managers, auditors / inspectors and Departmental EH&S Representatives.
• Effectively and timely cascade all required employee briefings (Toolbox Talks) and communications (general EH&S updates).
• Liaise with legislative and other external bodies as required.
• To monitor and enforce full site wide compliance.
• To manage the business Risk Assessment program.
• To produce and issue all necessary statutory and Corporate reports including accidents, incidents, diseases and environmental sustainability factors.
• To project manage investigation of all incidents and near misses, ensuring that robust corrective actions are in place.
• Be the site EH&S Champion leading appropriate focused improvement groups.
• Significant experience as a site EH&S lead within a multi-national Company (ideally aerospace, automotive or engineering).
• Full familiarity with system based reporting dashboards (local site and Corporate reporting portals).
• Leadership of a dedicated professional EH&S Team.
• Highly organized with excellent project management skills.
• A proactive approach to achieving agreed action plans.
• Ability to effectively influence others to achieve necessary objectives.
• Enjoys striving towards "best-in-class" performance standards.
• Desire to personally develop on an on-going basis.
• Can work effectively both individually and as part of a Team.
• An engaging leadership style.
• Degree level qualified in a relevant subject.
• NEBOSH Diploma.
• Member of recognized professional organization(s).
• Recognized environmental / management / auditing qualifications ideal but not essential.