Requisition ID: |
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel's government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. Bechtel has opportunities in Reston, VA, Richland, WA, and Oak Ridge, TN.
- Relocation Authorized:
- Assists in developing and implementing requirements for cost recording, cost coding, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports. Performs performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications.
- Determines scope definition requirements for a discipline or other specialty and works with Area/Functional support personnel and other sources to coordinate the production of required data to conform to the overall estimate preparation plan.
- Performs cost data analysis and development.
- Coordinates quantify estimates for trends/baseline change proposals.
- Assists in developing specific project control accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions. This includes training in the proper use and definitions for the cost accounts.
- Identifies scope of schedule activities. Determines schedule dates for work activities within a discipline area or specialty. Determines milestones to support project schedule.
- Works with Area/Functional personnel to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan. Conforms work sequence and activity durations per project's execution plan for a specific discipline or specialty. Determines inter-discipline constraints or interfaces that define activity sequences.
- Assists discipline groups in determining what information is required from other disciplines to support schedule activities and how to interface with the assigned discipline or specialty. Provides schedule knowledge on a continuous basis to assist in discipline planning and interfacing with others.
- Performs schedule monitoring, including identifying critical activities and updating functions for specific applications, disciplines, or specialties. Assists in the development of requirements for updating and monitoring the schedule.
Grade 23: Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, project management or related discipline from an accredited university and 1 year of professional experience or, in lieu of a degree, 7 years of project controls experience on EPC job or equivalent job.
Grade 24: Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, project management or related discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of professional experience, or in lieu of a degree, 9 years of project controls experience on EPC job or equivalent job.
- Must be able to complete pre-employment background screen and drug screen.
- Experience in performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, schedule monitoring, report writing, and computer operations. Skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports.
- Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrates an intermediate level understanding of Project Controls general technical skills.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Proficiency Primavera P6 and Cobra costing system.
- Must possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
- Working knowledge of P6 & Cobra applications.
- Previous Earned Value Management System experience on an EPC job.
- Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of varied backgrounds and objectives.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.