Requisition ID: |
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel's government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. Bechtel currently has opportunities in Reston, VA, Richland, WA, & Oak Ridge, TN.
- Relocation Authorized:
- Obtains required schedule information by all disciplines/functions. Identifies restraints and effect on total project schedule. Coordinates with all departments to ensure understanding of total project schedule needs. Responsible for total integration of schedule activities. Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from inter-discipline or functional restraints and interfaces.
- Monitors and reports critical path and schedule performance of the total project. Conducts project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Responsible for leading, when requested, the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- Monitors cost recording, monitoring, and reporting practices for compliance with applicable standards.
- Responsible for the development and accuracy of cost reports. Verifies consistency with previous reports to ensure compatibility and consistency.
- Responsible for cost engineering and cost analysis/control activities for projects with significant non-routine requirements or for discipline/projects/proposal cost activities which require a high degree of technical skilled experience. Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and providing innovative solutions to cost engineering guidance to area 7 functions
- Provide guidance and direction to all affected personnel (Senior Management, Area Project Managers, Control Account Managers (CAMs), Project Controls Engineers, and other support personnel) to assure that they are sufficiently knowledgeable of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) requirements, processes, and procedures to execute their work scope in full compliance with contractual requirements and successfully maintain the Waste Treatment Plant EVMS certification with the Department of Energy (DOE).
- Conduct internal surveillances to ensure EVMS requirements are being met.
- Coordinate surveillance plan and response activities upon: (1) conducting joint internal DOE/BNI surveillances or (2) notification that the DOE Office of Acquisition and Project Management (OAPM) is to conduct external project EVMS certificationsurveillance.
- Conduct training classes, mentor project personnel, and provide program oversight for establishing EVMS best practices.
- Coordinate with all affected project organizations/functions regarding the implementation of project recommended and agreed upon earned value management process and procedure changes.
- Establish and maintain the CAM Notebook webpage, storyboards that flow chart EVMS work processes, Work Authorization Documents (WADs), and Project Authorization Document (PAD).
- Review and support the ongoing updates to EVMS metrics.
Grade 25: Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, project management or related discipline from an accredited university and 6 years of professional experience, or in lieu of a degree, 12 years of project controls experience on EPC job or equivalent job.
Grade 26: Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, project management or related discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of professional experience, or in lieu of a degree, 15 years of project controls experience on EPC job or equivalent job.
- Must be able to complete pre-employment background screen and drug screen.
- Must have intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of Primavera P/6 and COBRA applications.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost engineering functions, which include cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in using multiple discipline specific applications (PC Works, CobraPrimavera, etc.) currently in use by Bechtel.
- Must possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6 and Cobra.
- Previous Earned Value Management System experience on EPC job.
- Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of varied backgrounds and objectives.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.