|Job Ref:||CA_33106||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Post Date:||02/10/2016 01:06|
Purpose of Role
Jobholders of roles covered by the Multi Skilled Engineer - Electrical Bias profile have a requirement to have or be in the position to qualify for EngTech Accreditation to a professional body.
The Multi Skilled Engineer – Electrical Bias will deliver a combination of electrical, mechanical, water and building Fabric planned, reactive and extra works engineering services across a region and to multiple client sites, specialising in electrical disciplines; ensuring Carillion deliver a safe, customer focused, cost effective, efficient and compliant service in order to meet its contractual and legal obligations.
Health, Safety and Environmental
• Work safely, ensuring the safety and well being of yourself, colleagues, customers and visitors.
• Work in accordance with Work Instructions, Safe Working Practices and Method Statements ensuring relevant records (paper and electronic) are completed and submitted in an accurate timely manner.
• Ensures that you read Health and Safety alerts, communications, and Tool Box Talks. Inform your supervisor if you do not understand information received.
• Ensures that you have the appropriate skills, training and equipment to perform your role.
• To support the activity of specialist service partners, delivering services on behalf of the company; ensuring all health, safety and environmental requirements are adhered to. Including, but not limited to, ensuring adequate safe system of works are complied with, complete task specific risk assessments when required and carry out Point of Work risk assessments for all activities
• Ensure all required personal protective equipment is utilised and worn at all appropriate times
• Behave in line with and promote Carillion’s Values
• Attend and participate in Team Talks.
• Delivers a customer experience in line with objectives and customer experience plans.
• Maintains effective customer relationships within own area of responsibility
• Always looks for opportunities to improve the customer experience
• Work on own and as part of a team carrying out routine PPM, reactive and minor repair works as assigned by the Workflow team ensuring all deliverable SLA/KPI targets are met or exceeded
• Perform all work to specification meeting the required standards.
• Take full responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks, carrying out skilled planned maintenance, repair and improvements.
• Install new plant and equipment when required
• Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant.
• Be proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings and fittings.
• Maintain the cleanliness of plant rooms, workshops and storage areas.
• Provide regular updated information and condition ratings for the asset management database
• Communicate with the Engineering Departments when support is required to ensure all tasks can be achieved within prescribed requirements.
• Indentify extra work requirements and provide details of required material and labour estimate to enable client quotes to be issued
• Demonstrate commercial awareness by identifying opportunities to reduce costs, travel and waste
• Meets or exceeds operational and performance targets
• Deliver excellent customer service in this client facing role and ensure excellent client relationships are sustained
• Adaptable to flexible working patterns, when required
• Demonstrate a willingness to attend training courses
Additional Role Information
Static site engineer responsible for delivery of all HVAC maintenance on site inc supervision of mobile engineers and subcontractors.