The Riyadh Metro project is a consortium led by Bechtel which includes Almabani General Contractors, Consolidated Contractors Company and Siemens. |
The consortium will be responsible for the design, construction, train cars, signalling, electrification and integration of Lines 1 and 2 of the new Riyadh Metro system.
Line 1 will stretch from north to south across Riyadh, covering 24 miles (38km). It will include 22 stations and four transfer stations where it will connect with other new metro lines. Much of Line 1 will be underground.
In contrast, Line 2 will be built mostly on a raised strip in the median of the planned freeway. This line will run east to west and will extend more than 15.7 miles (25km) with 13 stations and three transfer stations.
The new lines will feature stations powered by renewable energy and fully automatic trains.
The contract is the largest engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contract in Bechtel's history and these lines, along with four others, will form the backbone of Riyadh's new public transportation network.
- Reporting to the Civil Works Joint Venture (CWJV) Requirements & Certification Manager, the position holder will provide support to the Project's assurance and configuration management during the design and implementation phase.
- The candidate will play a key role in the assurance process by leading the delivery of contractual compliance documentation covering engineering, performance (RAM) and System Safety.
- To execute the work, the position holder will have direct interface with the JV's design and construction entities in terms of the production and submission of compliance documentation.
- This in turn will form key inputs to the required comprehensive evidence supporting the RMP's Assurance Case.
- In terms of configuration, the engineer will develop the CWJV Configuration Model and roll this out to its design entities during the design phase.
- The post holder will provide support and guidance along with analysis of the technical configurations produced by each design work package.
- Working closely with Engineering, Construction, Quality and other key functions, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring adequate controls are exercised in identifying a technical base line and managing changes as the project moves forward. In particular, changes to key Configuration Items (CI's) will be monitored, coordinated, and assessed for impact on interfacing partners during the design and build phases.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a working understanding of the RMP technical and performance requirements.
- Support the day to day oversight of the Project's assurance process ensuring compliance with the RMP's Contract and process and procedures.
- Assist in the resolution of assurance related technical and procedural issues such that non-compliance issues can be closed in a timely fashion.
- Work with the BACS Consortium and in collaboration with Quality, Document Control, and other key functions to define the requirements and Client expectations for the Project
- Handover documentation.
- Development of strategies and plans for the implementation of configuration management on the RMP throughout the life cycle of the project (design, construction and test/commissioning and handover to the operator).
- Establish a technical base line for the CWJV elements of the project.
- Coordinate the configuration management process with the requirements in terms of definition and administration of the design configuration and Configuration Items for documentation, hardware, and software.
- Participate in Gate reviews and ensure deliverables required for configuration management are submitted, reviewed, and accepted by CWJV.
- Coordinate change management activities affecting CI's and assist in determining impact on interfacing parties.
- Play a key role in the production of periodic CWJV Configuration Management reports where all CI's are identified whether current or undergoing any form of change.
- This task includes Configuration Status Accounting (CSA).
JOB KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree (NA., B Eng. or higher) in an engineering related subject.
- Membership or affiliation of a relevant institution.
- Good understanding of major civil / rail engineering assurance processes and procedures.
- Experience with quality management systems, document control and other key project handover documentation.
- Good working knowledge of engineering contract, standards & procedural compliance along with related auditing, non-compliance management and verification & validation etc.
- Proven track record in configuration management preferably on major rail and infrastructure project, or alternatively in an oil & gas, aviation or nuclear environment.
- Working knowledge and application of BS ISO 10007:2003 Quality management systems (Guidelines for configuration management) and other related industry configuration standards.
- Working knowledge of European CENELEC or other aviation or nuclear industry safety standards;
- Good knowledge of project requirements management processes, working knowledge of DOORS desirable;
- Knowledge of configuration tools and software.
- Operate under the minimum of supervision and apply high standards of integrity and responsibility.
- Set own targets within overall project objectives and be thorough, conscientious and hardworking.
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ethics: Commitment to BACS Ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects.
- Quality: Commitment to BACS Quality standard as demonstrated by success on prior Supervisors' evaluations of work performance.
- ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to BACS Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership.
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to develop and coach effective teams to achieve the deliverables and objectives for the BACS project.
- Respect: Personally committed to respectful behaviours, building the same attitudes within the project personnel; the focus of which is treat people with respect and dignity, listen actively; communicate in a timely and forthright manner and never undermining colleagues.