|Job Ref:||3441441||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City Of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 38,000 per year||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:15|
I have an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer (building/fit out) with one of the UK's largest Civil Engineering/Infrastructure contractors to join the team on one of the flagship projects in Central London, a major Rail station redevelopment. |
Packages you will be working on include brickwork & blockwork, cladding, tiling, glazing, fire doors, MEP (including lifts and escalators).
As Site Engineer for Fit Out works, you will be responsible for:
* Setting out for fit out/building works
* Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
* Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
* Provide accurate and clear setting out for works before work is programmed to commence, Allowing time for independent checking where required.
* Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
* Complete inspection and test plans as required by the PEP/Specification, including checks of dimension accuracy and quality.
* Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client/designer/LU/project team.
* Assist in the preparation and monitoring of 4 weekly programmes in conjunction with the section engineer.
* Provide accurate measurements for materials required for site.
* Carry out testing / sampling of materials as required by the specification.
* Supervise the work of sub-contractor from a technical, safety and quality perspective
* Degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or Construction Management (would also consider HND/HNC)
* Experience working for a main contractor
* Experience of building/fit out works
* Experience working within a Rail stations environment (not essential)
- one of the UK's largest and most established Civil Engineering contractors - complex and fast moving engineering project - young and dynamic team - excellent career progression - support for Chartership -
* £35-37000 basic salary + package (depending on qualifications/experience)
* Company Car/Car Allowance (conditions apply)
* Travel paid from home to site (conditions apply)
* DC Pension
* Private Healthcare (single cover)
* 25 days holiday
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Site Engineer to work on one of London's largest Rail infrastructure projects with an established and prestigious leading Civil Engineering Contractor.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills build fit-out, rail, Station