|Job Ref:||Quantity Surveyor||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheshire||Address:||Post Code:||SK9||Salary:||£ 45,000 - £ 55,000 per year, Car / Allowance / Full Package||Post Date:||22/10/2016 00:32|
An exciting opportunity has arisen, to join an established, successful and exciting contractor who is looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor Who is motivated, great work ethic, focused and flexible around the Manchester area. They are looking for someone who ideally ground works background but are open to all civils experience.|
Roles and Responsibilities
* Line management and integration of new team members where appropriate
* Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure that business targets and KPI's are exceeded
* Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
* Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
* Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
* Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
* Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
* Commercial and contractual advice to area team as and when required
* Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
* Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence
* Experience within a similar role
* Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
To join an exciting and established main contractor in Manchester as an Senior Quantity Surveyor then apply now to Daryl Richardson on NA or email
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Quantity Surveyor/surveying/Cost Control/Procurement/Supplier management/Quantity Surveyor/earthworks/sewage/landfill