|Job Ref:||2015-11503||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Peru||City:||Lima||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 05:01|
Senior Tailings Engineer|
Job ID: 2015-11503
Area of Interest: EN - Mine Waste Management
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 5/27/2015
Experience (Years): 20
SLP: J2WGEOTECH, J2WMINE
We are currently seeking a Senior Tailings Engineer to join our Lima, Peru office.
* Contributing to the development of a business plan for mine waste management services in Peru.
* Providing engineering services with respect to mine waste management and task management.
* Carrying out the design of tailings storage facilities, from conceptual through detailed design stages.
* Carrying out and overseeing design analyses, including slope stability, seepage, water balance, surface water and groundwater.
* Client liaison.
* Preparing and delivering technical reports and overseeing others input to technical reports.
* Audits and review of compliance.
* Providing leadership and focus to key efforts in mine waste business development across the region with expectation to become the regional practice leader in 2016.
The preferred candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
* 20+ years experience
* Bachelor degree or similar in civil, geotechnical or environmental engineering. Postgraduate qualification in geotechnical engineering or area related to tailings management would be an advantage.
* Registered Chartered/Professional Engineer or Member of a related professional body
Exposure to mining and/or industrial waste management or related civil engineering fields. Consulting experience will be well regarded;
* Good analytical and problem solving skills;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Good time management ability;
* Project Management skills;
* Strong interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills;
* Proven capabilities, working efficiently in project teams as both contributor and leader;
* Several years of relevant practical experience;
* Demonstrable commitment to safety
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy..
No phone calls please. We thank all the individuals who expressed interest.
Only those individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted.