Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position Reliability Superintendent with our Manufacturing Facility located in La Porte, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Implement and maintain the fixed equipment reliability program for pressure vessels, storage tanks, heat exchangers, and piping systems in accordance with company guidelines and governmental regulations such as OSHA 1910.119.
- Provide supervision (Oxy Inspection employees) and overall direction to the contract employee Inspection groups supporting the Maintenance department activities at each site within Houston Operations.
- Support and coordinate Risk Engineering and Boiler Machinery Insurance audits as required.
- Develop and manage a budget for fixed equipment reliability program activities.
- Provide on-going reporting of fixed equipment reliability program status to plant management.
- Develop, update, and track action plans pertaining to fixed equipment reliability program tasks.
- Arrange for contract services support for fixed equipment reliability program related activities as required.
- Communicate employee concerns relating to fixed equipment reliability program activities to appropriate supervision and management.
- Develop and review fixed equipment reliability program procedures to ensure compliance with company and regulatory standards.
- Ensure Houston Operations fixed equipment reliability program guidelines are current, reflect actual practices across all Houston Operations sites, and are in compliance with the latest Maintenance Guidelines issued by Corporate Risk Engineering.
- Perform formal and informal audits of the fixed equipment reliability program elements to ensure compliance to all applicable codes and standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of company / government rules and regulations.
- Provide consultation and assistance related to other individual expertise and knowledge (e.g. mechanical engineering, etc.).
- Position involves interaction with outside technical / professional organizations to stay abreast of current industry standards and practices.
- Provides input for consensus and management decisions related to PSM and RMP activities and program administration.
- Position must respond to identified non-compliance issues on a timely basis and may require interaction with regulatory agencies.
- Ensure that Process Safety and Risk Management principles are incorporated into the foundation of department operations. Ensure annual departmental goals and objectives include meaningful Process Safety
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Material Science with 10 years fixed equipment reliability experience preferred.
- Requires in depth knowledge of OSHA 1910.119, RMP, company standards, and applicable Codes (ASME, API, etc.) relating to fixed equipment reliability. Actual experience in design/maintenance of heat exchangers, compressors, pumps, vessels, piping systems, and associated failure analysis strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of API-579 and 580/581 desired. API Certifications (510, 570, 650) a plus.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and good working knowledge of SAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.