Thales technology makes it possible for two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. Thales also protects 80% of the world’s payment card transactions and is Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics. Beyond that our people have made London’s Jubilee and Northern Lines 20% more efficient and have delivered more than 300 air defence radars in 26 countries. We’re a leading name in our markets and a diverse, constantly evolving organisation. Join us. |
As a Configuration Manager in our Crawley office, you will be responsible for defining and implementing configuration management activities for projects and products, at all points in the lifecycle. That means getting involved in bids, designs, production and service support. You will play a key role in a variety of projects, which are at the forefront of technology, in an exciting environment which will stretch your abilities and allow for innovation.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Performing configuration management planning for new and existing projects, and defining an effective tailored implementation
- Guiding project teams and guarantee the consistent application of the principles of configuration management
- Auditing and assessing contractors and suppliers to ensure processes, systems and deliverables meet our high standards as well as customer requirements
- Establishing and maintaining the configuration change management system, and acting as configuration control board secretary
- Planning and conducting configuration verifications and audits.
- Experience of working and implementing configuration management within a defence or commercial environment, including the alignment to Def Stan 05-57 and EIA-649
- Ideally educated to a degree level and progressing towards related professional qualifications
- A record of delivering effective configuration management for large projects, across the complete product lifecycle and within a complex business environment
- Knowledge of system, hardware and software configuration management processes across the lifecycles, and an awareness of the product tools
- A demonstrable ability to produce and deliver training materials for process and tool usage
- An unshakeable commitment to process delivery, improvement and governance as well as strong management, leadership, communication and influencing skills.
To play a key role in a worldwide organisation, click the apply button now.