Requisition ID: |
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
- This senior position will report directly to the Engineering Manager Rail and will work within a team of rail related disciplines to support the Infrastructure business unit, business development and the execution of studies and FEED for projects around the world.
- Plans and conducts independent work within the Infrastructure business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to solving problems.
- Broad working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Assists in the development and implementation of technical assurance strategies and procedures that clearly define responsibilities for delivering Technical Assurance across the Infrastructure business unit; including Civil, Station, Rail Systems, Depots and Rolling Stock activities.
- Plans and coordinates independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of engineering techniques.
- Plans, coordinates and delivers engineering training through instructor led and virtual training sessions for the function.
- Coordinates technical issues with other departments on projects which may include constructability requirements and technical reviews.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the rail industry.
- A systems assurance background.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assurance management of all rail and associated systems according to applicable standards, in close cooperation with the (potential) end users, in terms of safety, operational, environmental and technical requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Advise designers of assurance options and safety considerations affecting their design solutions.
- Prepare RAMS calculations to support the various designs and proposals to customers.
- Plan and manage the safety culture appropriate to the project including the facilitation of HAZID & HAZOP workshops and other assurance activities.
- Liaise with any Independent Safety Assessors engaged directly by the project or on behalf of the client.
- Plan, program and manage the resources applied within the scope of this activity such that agreed project objectives of assurance in quality, timeliness and safety will be achieved.
- Support the development of expertise in our rail capabilities.
- Maintain and support ongoing business relationships with key clients and customers.
- Chartered Engineer and a member of a relevant professional body.
- Substantial experience in the railway sector, with proven expertise in the development and delivery of assurance cases for railway signalling systems.
- Thorough knowledge of IEC 61508, CENELEC standards EN50126, EN50128 & EN50129, Yellow Book and Common Safety Method.
- Understanding of the various international differences in safety cultures.
- Understanding of risk assessment planning for large railway signalling projects and knowledge of operational conditions affecting logistics and design.
- Working knowledge of implementing engineering safety management in the railway environment.
- Knowledge of systems engineering, whole project life cycle and its implementation on large railway infrastructure projects.
- Understanding of the Railway Industry and in particular experience in developing and implementing progressive assurance processes.
- Proven ability in successful delivery using established railway acceptance and approval processes.
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined management team.
- Experience of and successful track record in a similar role on a major rail or infrastructure project.
- Self-starter with strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- The ability to lead a team of internal and external resources.
- The ability to work cooperatively within an interdisciplinary peer group.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).