Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||CA_34457||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||West Drayton||Address:||Post Code:||DN22||Post Date:||02/10/2016 01:06|
Purpose of Role
To ensure the efficient running of the contract by effectively managing all resources associated to the contract, and to ensure that a quality service is provided to the client and the end user. To make sure that the contract is within full compliance with health and safety, quality and Environmental legislation as well as compliant with Carillion procedures.
• Liaise and develop the relationship with the client and the client representative
• Monitor progress against the master works programme and manage the impact of additional work and delays
• Monitor progress of the construction/maintenance to ensure the finished works is correct to the agreed specification
• Monitor the quality, safety and environmental systems an promote a safety culture within the business unit
• Ensure the most effective and efficient use of resources on the contract and any subsequent recovery
• To manage the people resources associated to the contract, responsibility for recruitment retention, training and developing the employees
Additional Role Information
• Oversee and combine where possible the resource for a geographical area of the country with a minimum of T-8 look ahead holing monthly resource meeting within branch team, assist when possible with providing labour to other areas.
• Assist, develop the resource teams and hold regular one to ones with Account Consultants.
• Produce weekly Resource KPI’ s detailing number of hours per week, number of workers per week, planned vs actuals etc.
• Manage the completion of the 14 hour race card
• Ensure all workers are compliant for the activity they are booked for by the client
• Attend SAG meetings
• Conduct at least one site visit per month
• Meet with project managers weekly to discuss action plan and any issues, requirements they may have,
• Identify up skilling opportunities within the workforce
• Line manage the contracted staff hold investigations, disciplinary, PDR’s etc.
• Establish the recruitment requirements for the branch periodically, attend job fairs, produce strategic recruitment plans where required
• Ensure we have a steady flow of newly qualified Apprentice PTS holders, strategically place these to assist with their learning and development and their performance monitored through feedback
• Manage TCM’s within the core gangs ensure all duties are undertaken.
• Ensure all account consultants are completing a weekly action plan for their allocated project detailing risk, opportunities and actions.
• Manage the collation of information required for any accidents/incidents.
• Managements of second Tier population
• MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS RAIL EXPERIENCE IN A LINE MANAGER ROLE