|Job Ref:||2015-11848||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Australian Antarctic Territory||City:||Sydney||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 05:01|
Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist|
Job ID: 2015-11848
Area of Interest: EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
Job Type: Full Time
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 12/16/2015
Golder Associates has a great opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist with significant experience in large infrastructure projects to join our Sydney office. As part of the Geotechnical group, you will help to drive efficiencies in our project delivery, build new opportunities, and deliver exceptional technical solutions to fit our client's needs.
Your responsibilities include:
* providing technical advice on complex geotechnical issues to clients and internal staff;
* developing client relationships and building business;
* negotiating and reviewing routine project contracts;
* using advanced techniques, modifications and extension of theories and practices to synthesise and analyse data for decision making/ recommendations;
* keeping abreast of advancing technologies, methods and research & development;
* managing, analysing and geotechnical reporting for projects which may include the following:
* * foundations for medium to large industrial developments and multi-storey developments with basements
* earthworks, ground improvement and development associated with seaports, marinas, airports, highways, railways, mines, industrial plants, hillside subdivision developments, bridges and reservoirs/dams.
* problematic soils (marine clays, liquefiable soils, collapsible soils and expansive soils)
* tunnelling, and in particular rock tunnelling;
* providing safety leadership in identifying and eliminating safety hazards;
* mentoring and transferring knowledge to junior geotechnical engineers;
* planning, developing schedules, coordinating and directing manpower on important engineering projects to meet completion deadlines;
* supervising, coordinating and reviewing/evaluating activities carried out by junior engineers; and
* preparing tenders, proposals and reports for clients.
You will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Masters and/or Bachelor degree in civil engineering or equivalent
* Professional Chartered Engineer (CPEng)
* Extensive fieldwork experience in various geological conditions
* Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Well-developed interpersonal skills
* Strong client relationship skills
* Solid technical knowledge and application in soil/rock mechanics
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates.
* Work life balance initiatives such as additional leave options.
* Corporate fitness programs and subsidised gym memberships.
As a global, employee owned company, Golder values innovation, collaboration with national teams and independent thinking amongst staff. Create your own career pathways while working with some of the best in your field, on some of Australia's largest infrastructure, oil and gas and mining projects.
For more information or to apply, please visit NA
Apply Online - Golder's Australasia Region:
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS