|Job Ref:||1523869||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Toronto||Address:|| |
Toronto, ON, Canada (Show on map)
|Post Date:||12/10/2016 22:10|
To provide responsive technical customer support to resolve product functionality issues on the core introductory DSC product line.|
• Complete initial product training and demonstrate sufficient product knowledge and understanding to assist call-in customers.
• Respond to customer’s queries regarding routine technical issues in a timely, friendly, professional manner. Determine the nature and likely causes of the issue and recommend corrective action.
• Follows up as required with customers to ensure problems were resolved and/or recommend further action to ensure non-recurrence and customer satisfaction.
• Escalate inquiries or issues that cannot be resolved to senior team members and/or department manager.
• Report all suspected product issues immediately to a senior support staff or manager.
• Follows and ensures workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines compliance.
• Perform other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
• Technical Diploma, Bachelors degree in Engineering, or equivalent
• 1 -2 years experience in a technical phone support related role.
• Experience in dealing with hardware and software issues.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving and presentation skills.
• Spanish OR French language skill is required.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Able to work independently or in a team environment.
• Self motivated, takes initiative to resolve issues.
• Ability to problem solve through analysis of a situation, where there are a variety of variables
• Computers, interactive communication tools, multi-meter.
Physical Demand and Working conditions:
• Occasional visual concentration in use of video display terminal.
• Some levels of stress associated with customer service role.
• Shift work required to provide customer support to all markets.
• Ability to work varying shifts from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm and Saturday shift as required.
Position Reports to: Manager, Technical Support Operations