Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
We are recruiting for a Civils Project Manager to work within our Infrastructure team on major highways projects.
- Maintaining effective and long term relationships with the customer and their representatives/advisors;
- Implementing and maintaining Interserve Strategy and Policies for Sustainability, Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental, Training and Development etc. and acting as an exemplar of the Interserve culture and values;
- Ensuring the project team comply with the Companies Business management System;
- Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems;
- Reviewing methods of working, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability;
- Managing, supporting, mentoring and counselling members of the project team in their personal development;
- Undertaking annual assessments for staff directly reporting to the role;
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement;
- Providing aftercare services to the customer;
- To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning. Ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same;
- Any other duties relevant to the role.
Knowledge skills & experience
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL unless otherwise stated.
- CITB Level 3 Safety Course;
- Appropriate CSCS Card;
- Degree (or equivalent) in appropriate subject (desirable);
- Professional Qualification (desirable);
- Experience as a Site Manager or similar;
- Experience in a similar role (desirable).
- Experience running projects as a "number 1" upto £15m in value (desirable).
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL for this role.
- High level of leadership and management skills;
- Commercial and financial ability;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Technical experience and knowledge;
- Strong leadership and people management skills;
- Ability to plan and organise resources in order to meet tight deadlines;
- Customer/Client focus;
- Range of contract experience (desirable);
- Experienced in Civils and Infrastructure works;
- Experienced in new build major highways works;
- Ideally based in the North of the UK to offer coverage on projects within the North East.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to work from our office in Alfreton, Derby. This role is offered on a full time, permanet basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance, flexible benefits, 24 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance. Due to the nature of the work for this role the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure through the Disclosure & Barring Service. Further information on the Disclosure process can be found at NA ).
As part of our recruitment process job offers will be subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.