|Job Ref:||00014534||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||LaPorte||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
Contribute. Grow. Lead... with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of chlorine and caustic soda, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Sr. Process Engineer within our manufacturing facility in LaPorte, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
• Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products as our highest priority.
• Ensure that department employees are focused on Process Safety and Risk Management objectives. Reinforce employee Chemical Commandment training and awareness on a routine basis. Incorporate Lessons Learned into toolbox topics.
• Learn assigned area and be a technical resource for production. Work closely with Technical Superintendent, Process Superintendent, Production Superintendent. Area Process Supervisor, and production personnel to find ways to improve the existing plant processes.
• Provide technical expertise to reduce manufacturing costs and improve process reliability and product quality. Participate in the identification, design and implementation of equipment and process improvements, material of construction improvements, reliability improvements and efficiency and cost control improvements.
• Assist with the identification, development, installation, and start up of process improvements. Engineering assignments may include energy and material balance studies, process studies, and process equipment specifications and modifications.
• Coordinate design and start-up of small projects or moderate process modification.
• Prepare AFEs for 'small scale' capital projects, and follow these projects to a successful completion.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering required with 7-12 years of chemical plant experience.
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
• Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Good working knowledge of SAP
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Individual with Disability / Veteran Status