Requisition ID: |
General Job Description
The purpose of the role is to support the System Safety Manager with the review and verification of system safety and related assurance documentation. This will ensure that assurance submitted to the project from the subcontracted Design Centres (who are designing the railway subsystems), is complaint with System Safety requirements set by Bechtel.
Position Duties / Responsibilities
- Support the preparation and implementation of the System Safety Plan.
- Through verification and audit ensure that robust safety management processes and procedures are in place within Bechtel and its subcontracted design centres.
- By undertaking systematic reviews ensure that system related hazards are identified and documented in compliance with Bechtel plans and procedures.
- Attend Design Centre HAZID sessions with Bechtel Engineers and Designers to ensure compliance with Bechtel Plans and Procedures.
- Support the preparation and implementation of system safety assurance documentation and requirements management processes;
- Support the flow down of system safety requirements along with the review of verification and validating information and data received from Bechtel subcontracted entities.
- Providing inputs into the common project risk register, and participating in its regular review and during the life of the project.
- Providing advice as required on safety management systems and processes pertinent to railway operation.
- Support the System Safety Manager with the review and acceptance of the Bechtel Safety Cases for the elements, products and systems being delivered by the Bechtel subsystem designers, suppliers and contractors. The review and acceptance of the safety cases will take account of the safety argument and the safety evidence put forward incrementally, including supporting safety analyses and other supporting evidence/justifications.
- Support the Independent Safety Assessor's (ISA) review with provision of documented assurance evidence in order that any observations raised can be closed in a time fashion.
- Maintain liaison and coordination with system safety team to ensure that coordination takes place between Bechtel Design Centre subsystem safety teams from a system safety perspective.
- The System Safety Engineering will have 8 years' experience in an engineering discipline including 2 years' experience in the preparation of safety assurance documentation including Safety Cases or Safety Justifications (e.g. railway, aviation or nuclear industry);
- Desirable safety management role with a focus on satisfying rail safety standards such as EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129 & EN62267;
- Minimum electrical / mechanical engineering (or equivalent) Bachelor Degree;
- Member of a recognized engineering institution.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.