Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- Formulate, execute and control major inspection related activities and surveys to all topside process piping, vessels, exchangers, associated static equipment and storage tank facilities on Halul in line with 5 year Inspection Plan to ensure functional operational integrity.
- Formulate and compile calibration and overhaul programmes for safety relief valves associated with static equipment and storage tank facilities on Halul to ensure conformity to corporate inspection calibration frequencies requirements to assess continued operational functionality.
- Establish and implement inspection related responsibilities and subsequent recommendations during the major overhaul and construction of new storage facilities which are under the custodian of OE (O) department. Establish and implement inspection related responsibilities and subsequent recommendations during the construction of new hydrocarbon transmission lines which are under the custodian of OE (O) department.
- Provide enhanced technical inspection solutions and be focal point for liaison with operations departments to ensure technical inspection support is available to asset holder to enhance operational functionality.
- Ensure conformity of appropriate specifications, codes and practices as to Qatar Petroleum and International standards. Recommend and implement proactive inspection solutions with intent of continuous improvement of the divisions' objectives.
- Shall possess a sound practical understanding, working knowledge, application and interpretation ability of submitted reports pertaining to appropriate NDT techniques as utilized within Qatar Petroleum's offshore division to be responsible for the planning of short and long-term inspection objectives and activities.
Experience & Skills:
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, Postgraduate studies in relevant field would be an advantage.
- NDT qualification in Relevant NDT Techniques to PCN/ASNT would be an advantage.
- High level of English language, Membership of relevant professional association.
- High level of Computer Literacy. API 510 API 570 API 653
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- A minimum of ten (10) years in inspection and testing of pressure containing plant with in the oil / gas / petrochemical industry.
- Five years to have been spent in a senior position within the offshore industry sector.
- Must have knowledge of relevant codes, standards and specifications relating to pressure containing plant, safety relief devices, inspection and non-destructive testing. Should have a sound knowledge of welding and experience of on line inspection. Shall have knowledge of cathodic protection and impressed current systems.
- Shall have detailed knowledge of all types of non-destructive testing, such as Ultrasonic, Radiography, Magnetic Flux Leakage, Eddy Current, IRIS, ACFM, MPI/DP Thermography Acoustic Emission techniques, Material and failure analysis, technical report writing.