Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- Develop, maintain and manage, implementation of strategies, initiatives and plans for achieving the Corporate goals and objectives relevant to design safety and technical standards.
- Management and direct division personnel, including allocation, scheduling and prioritizing of work load, staff appraisal and staff development, work task efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prioritize, schedule and manage division workload. Ensuring effective and efficient use of financial and human resources to meet Corporate needs.
- Prepare budget proposals. Monitor and control budget expenditure.
- Plan and undertake all necessary arrangements for allocation of appropriate staff to project design safety reviews including but not limited to HAZOPS, HAZIDS and HAZAN, SIL studies, Layout reviews.
- Develop and maintain a control, communications and administration system relating to design safety resources assigned to projects.
Experience & Skills:
- BSc Honours degree in an engineering discipline or physical science.
- Post graduate qualification in Technical Safety / Loss Prevention.
- Corporate member of an Internationally recognized engineering institute (CEng or PE).
- Excellent written & spoken English.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- 20+ years post graduate experience in process plant design, construction, commissioning and operations.
- Extensive experience in development, review and maintenance of technical standards for safety / fire systems and equipment for the oil & gas and petrochemical industry.
- A wide background in multidiscipline designs, operations.
- 7 to 10 years work experience in safety critical systems design relevant to the upstream petroleum industry is essential for this job.