|Job Ref:||R0007079||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bury St Edmunds||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 22:02|
Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces all over the world. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.|
Join Thales as an Electro-Optics Specialist within the Air Optronics Product Group where you will be responsible for a range of specialist electro-optical systems from specialist Reconnaissance and Surveillance systems to key assemblies within the Infra-Red Search and Track system.
You will work as part of the product development team to support the complete product development lifecycle starting with development of concepts to meet customer requirements in line with the strategic product policy through the experimentation, development, manufacture, trials and support of complete products.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Electro-optic system requirement analysis
• Electro-optic development
• Participation in all aspects of the lifecycle from concept through to the point of manufacture
• Specification of sensors across the electromagnetic spectrum from the visible to the far infra-red
• Specification of optical components & coatings
• Performance analysis of imaging systems, lasers and optical architectures using both in-house and industry standard programmes
• The development, build and integration of optical detection/imaging systems, beam control & steering systems and boresighting alignment solutions
• Support to the verification and validation activities.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• A strong background in electro-optical design and modelling
• System level specification and design of electro-optical subsystems
• Experience in a complex multi-discipline development programme.
To play a key role within a successful organisation, apply now.