Job Title: Sales Consultant – Regional Accounts
Solution: Fire Detection & Security
Reporting to: Sales Manager – Regional Accounts
The role of the Sales Consultant is focused on technical sales of solutions to drive installation and service growth (AMR) revenues within the Tyco Regional Accounts Channel.
Through proactive planning and driven sales activity, the role is to develop and maximise existing accounts and relationships together with identification of new business opportunities for development, for all enterprise solutions that Tyco can offer within the market.
Possessing solid product knowledge and understanding of technical specifications, the Sales Consultant surveys sites, prepares costs, specifications and quotations that meet the requirements & needs of the customer. For large and/or complex proposals an Estimator / Technical Bid Manager will support through the formation of a bid team.
All activity, planning and sales processes are managed by the Sales Consultant through NA, Tyco’s CRM application.
Through focused sales activities executed with a consistent rhythm, the key objectives for the Sales Consultant are pipeline growth and conversion improvement, to drive bookings growth against a defined sales target.
- Lead Management – self generation of leads through planning & execution of business development activities from a variety of lead sources. Identify and qualify leads against solutions to pursue to bid. Collaborate across business channels and other enterprise solutions where lead can be supported, as required.
- Account/Territory Planning – through planning activities, identify accounts to target for growth opportunities against enterprise solutions. Define account plan with SMART objectives.
- Opportunity Planning – Identify opportunity to bid, fully qualify with the customer & engage in a pre-bid review. Form a bid team to identify critical must wins/complex/large opportunities, define roles of team, technical strategy, value proposition and next actions.
- Survey, Configure, Price, Quote – survey customer sites, prepare costs, specifications and quotations to propose solutions to the customer.
- AMR – pursue all AMR opportunities, ensure all installation opportunities have attached AMR quotations
- Presentations – Carry out technical/bid presentations around the proposed/defined solutions to the customer or influencer.
- Opportunity Management – manage sales pipeline proactively through each sales stage, recording all relevant information, accurate close dates and next actions driven through planning of tasks/events.
- Sales & Negotiation Skills – possess and develop through coaching and learning
- NA – adoption as the primary CRM application to drive sales performance, planning, management of leads, accounts, opportunities and manage all sales activity. All key objectives and results are measured through NA.
- Performance - Using NA, seller prepare for a monthly Personal Success Plan with sales manager. Reviewing prior month sales performance and objectives, current sales pipeline and agreeing key objectives for current month.
- Product / Technical Knowledge – maintain & develop solution specific product and technical knowledge/skills through training and learning.
- Risk Management – ensure that all internal sales processes are adhered to including bid authority, legal requirements, Tyco compliance and governance requirements through sales and relationship management activities. Ensure compliance with Tyco’s Environmental, Health & Safety Policy - Zero Harm.
- Additional responsibilities and requirements may be required dependant on business needs.
- New AMR and installation sales v target and v prior year
- Conversion % (Quoted v Won)
- Quote Output
- Activity - visits
- Market share growth (new Customer acquisitions)
- Wallet share growth (cross selling into existing Customers)
- <5% open opportunity pipeline past close month
- Productivity (total cost v created value in gross margin)