Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||126215BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:|| |
Southampton, Southampton, UK (Show on map)
|Post Code:||SO14||Post Date:||22/09/2016 22:53|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Program, Cost, Consultancy
We provide cost and project management services, and specialist consultancy services, to public- and private-sector clients around the world, with a strong presence in Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
We are currently recruiting for a Project / Quantity Surveyor to join our centrally located Southampton office.
Our Southampton Office Cost Management business unit continues to grow, with specific growth demand within Culture, Healthcare, Residential, Education and Commercial office markets where we have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the industry. As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Project Surveyor.
As Project Surveyor you will have the following main responsibilities:
• Working alongside an Associate or Director to successfully manage and deliver various capital projects across Southern England and nationally.
• Cover the whole project lifecycle from initial inception and business case development estimates, through the design and procurement process and onto the site delivery and commissioning phase.
• Actively support the internal team and manage more junior staff on technically complex projects typically ranging between £5m to £40m.
• You will help develop collaborative relationships with our clients and other professional colleagues within the industry.
• Act as the day to day main client point of contact for projects.
• Successful delivery of projects with minimum supervision, leading to further repeat clients and their business.
• Manage and mentor junior staff to deliver our Cost Management service efficiently and effectively.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are key.
• Ability to develop long term relationships with all team members, and effectively balance people and processes.
• Understands and can demonstrate the importance of Client focus.
• Strong experience of delivering technically complex projects in the Sectors highlighted above from inception to completion.
• Good understanding of project Governance and procurement processes.
• Experience of working in another comparable consultancy environment, or within a client organisation.
• Previous experience of managing internal resources, including the training and mentoring of more junior staff members.
• Professional Qualified - ideally Quantity Surveying Degree or equivalent.
• Either Chartered or near completion with the RICS or other equivalent institution.
• Good Understanding of contracts (NEC3, JCT, etc).
• CSCS card holder.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.