|Job Ref:||6534||Employer:||Canadian Natural Resources Limited||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Alberta||City:||Fort McMurray||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:00|
As a Lead member of the Horizon Asset Integrity Department you will lead a team of Engineers and Inspectors to ensure the safe, compliant, reliable operation of the fixed assets within the Horizon Upgrader. You and your team will implement a wide variety of inspection, repair, risk assessment and corrosion management technologies to ensure that our Asset Integrity Programs are executed with optimal effectiveness.
Your role will require you to work closely with the other function groups within the plant, to determine that threats are identified, understood, risk ranked and addressed.
• Lead your team to drive down the risk profile of the asset you are responsible for
• Develop asset integrity conditioning monitoring strategies and programs for loss containment purposes including corrosion monitoring
• Establish asset integrity continuous improvement program incorporating strategies, polices, codes of practice, procedures specifications and guidelines
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
Advance your career at a supervisory level by applying your technical expertise, problem solving, and leadership skills to:
• Spearhead a culture of personal and process safety within your team and peers
• Provide consistent work direction and performance management to the team
• Ensure adequate staffing resources are available to provide Asset Integrity Engineering services as required by the business units
• Develop and monitor team training, budget and expense activities
• Maintain a commitment to developing your staff both technically and professionally by ensuring they have the tools and resources to excel in their roles
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Focus on safety, cost containment and integrity
• Ensure all asset integrity threats are proactively identified and communicated to operations
• Develop data-focused risk based inspection programs to improve asset integrity
• Ensure mitigation strategies are technically sound and maintain regulatory compliance
• Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track program performance
• Maximize fixed equipment uptime to optimize shutdowns and extend turnaround intervals in compliance to regulatory requirements
• Identify resources to support troubleshooting of fixed equipment recurrent problems and apply root case analysis (RCA) practices to equipment failure investigations
• Support the implementation of production uptime programs including Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM)
• Typically 10+ years related industry experience with Mechanical, Chemical, Corrosion or Metallurgy Engineering degree
• Registration with APEGA or eligibility as a Professional Engineer in Alberta
• Expertise in:
o Working in a leadership role:
• Goal setting
• Creating development plans
• Performance management
o Diluent Recovery, Delayed Coking, Hydro treating, Sulphur recovery, tail gas, and amine regeneration
o Alberta Pressure Equipment regulations
o WCB and Alberta OH & S (Occupational Health and Safety) Rules and Regulations
o Visions (Asset Integrity software)
o International standards such as ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), TEMA (Tubular Exchanger Manufacture Association), NACE (National Association of Corrosion Engineers), API (American Petroleum Association); codes, standards, and recommended practices
To see related Asset Integrity Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: NA
Our Oil Sands Mining Operations
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ