A world of opportunity awaits you |
Technical Representative – Evansville, IN
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we’ve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we’re always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it’s vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
- Install and service fire alarm systems, intrusion, CCTV, and building access control and sound intercom systems
- Install, repair and alter electrical systems for all locations.
- Determine procedural changes, tools, materials and equipment.
- Run conduit, pull wire and install circuits for electrical low voltage systems.
- The job entails wiring new equipment according to blueprints and also troubleshooting existing systems.
- Plan, layout, and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in facilities.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by supervisor.
- Repair electronic components using electronic test equipment and replacement parts
- Diagnose and repair and/or replace damaged or broken wires, cables and faulty electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, and control panels. Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and electrical systems of industrial machinery and facilities in accordance with electrical code specifications, blueprints, manuals, and electrical schematics and diagrams.
- Maintain and update schematics, drawings, and documentation files on equipment and notify engineering of those changes.
- Be proficient at servicing, maintaining and programming fire alarm systems, security systems, nurse call, intercom and CCTV systems.
- Computer knowledge with networking and programming helpful.
- Good customer interaction skills and the ability to think on your feet are required.
- You must be able to lift equipment and tools up to 75 lbs. and be able to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Work overtime as required.
Who we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of fire alarm systems is mandatory, both conventional and addressable.
- Five (5) years of experience in interior and exterior wiring and the repair of electrical equipment and appliances.
- Must have working knowledge of at least 2 major brands of fire control panels, factory training a plus. Experience may be obtained by progressing through internal service or ops positions or with companies where similar experience is acquired.
- Must be computer literate with Windows.
- Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record; and the ability to obtain appropriate licenses by national, state and local codes.
- Must have the ability to communicate with various company personnel and co-workers in regards to work orders.
- Must pass pre-screening processes (background, drug, reference screening)
- Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.
- Must Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess excellent Industrial Electrical Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Skills
- Active listening, team-building, communication, planning skills are required. Must possess self-control, initiative, patience, influence, and a positive attitude. Must be able to receive and give constructive criticism.
Tyco’s mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
Rewards and benefits:
- 80% of the world’s top 200 retailers
- More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
- 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
- 300 international airports
- 100 major stadiums around the world
- Most of the Fortune 500
- 50% of US universities
- Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at NA