This position will be staffing a grass roots ethylene plant in the Corpus Christi, TX area. It will be joining the project team for the ethane cracker that is currently permitted and under construction to commission and start-up the plant.|
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business
while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Ethylene Instrument and Electrical Technician with our Chemical Manufacturing Facility located in Gregory, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Install, maintain, inspect, troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all plant instrumentation, control systems, analyzers and electrical equipment.
- Responsible for prompt and accurate diagnosis of problems and the implementation of corrective action.
- Consult directly with equipment vendors on problems for resolution as necessary.
- Set up and operate shop tools and specialized test, measuring equipment and hand tools utilized in any phase of machine installation or maintenance.
- Conduct evaluation tests on valves, motors, instruments, electronics, DCS (distributed control systems), and analyzers.
- Responsible to troubleshoot 120 volt AC controls, 480 volt motors and switch gear, and assist in repair of electrical equipment to 138kV.
- Research specifications for materials, testing and repair of instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Documents equipment failures, repairs malfunctions, and facilitates reliability improvements.
- Assist in testing of safety instrumented systems for reliability testing.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- High School Education or GED required.
- Must have an Associate's Degree in Instrumentation or Electrical Technology with 2 years of equivalent experience in industry OR five (5) years of equivalent experience in industry.
- This position requires proof of the NCCER certification prior to employment (electrical and/or instrumentation).
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and electrical problems from field devices to source of control.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting using loop drawing, schematics, ladder logic, electrical one-line, and P&I drawings.
- Must be proficient in maintaining process control loops, electronic controls, valves, and transmitters.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- Chemical plant or manufacturing experience.
- Experience with high voltage systems (115KV, 13.8KV, 4160V), circuit breakers, motor starters, relaying, cable terminations and repairs, with an understanding of HIPOT, TTR, Phasing and Meggar testing.
- Experience with DCS and analyzers (e.g. - Gas Chromatographs, Lower Explosive Limit (LEL) analyzers, and other complex analyzers).
- Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.