Reporting to the Senior Project Manager or Account Manager within Aecon Nuclear, the Project Manager is responsible for the successful acquisition, tendering, and management of various projects while ensuring the safety of the manpower and the Work. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the project is completed safely, on schedule, within budget, and in compliance with the Contract, Company Policies and Procedures, and legislative and labour requirements. The Project Manager is the main interface with the client on all technical and commercial matters relating to the Project. |
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring of the Company's Safety Policy at the project location.
- Ensures that all Company Policies & Procedures are being followed at project sites
- Act as main interface between Company and Customer, on all project matters.
- Work with Account Manager and Business Development Manager to establish and maintain customer relations and business opportunities.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, prepare estimate packages, technical documents, prepare proposed execution schedules and associated documents, as requested by Management.
- Work with the Proposal Manager to ensure all bids tendered are complete and conform to Tender documents and Company Policies and Procedures
- Prepare and report project budgets and forecasts
- Responsible for the overall project planning and scheduling of assigned projects.
- Identify/managethreats to project delivery and prepare/execute risk management plans
- Ensure that all project work activities are in compliance with local legislative and labour requirements, contract requirements, and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure regular maintenance of Enterprise Management Software (SAP) job reporting and monthly job status reports, and generate weekly and/or monthly project forecasts for labour hours, productivity, cash flow, expected cost-at-completion, profit margin, and revenue.
- Ensure preparation and submission of project documents, as specified by contract, to the client.
- Chair project meetings
- Prepare and deliver presentations to staff, partners and clients, as required
- Ensuring all scope and contract extras are approved by the customer.
- Responsible for assembling a project organization to implement the project scope - including: coordination, administration, Quality Assurance, Engineering, trades supervision, and trade labour.
- Monitors and manages contract scope and identifies any scope changes throughout project
- Manages all sub-contractors, tools and equipment required for each project
- Responsible for performance management of all direct reports, including compilation of yearly goals/objectives and career mapping.
- Perform regular field tours to check work progress and meet with project site personnel.
- Carry out site safety inspections.
- Provide technical and commercial guidance to Site Superintendents and Project Coordinators.
- Methodical and organized approach to document and communications management
- Review and approve purchasing requisitions, subcontracts, and invoice payments, within Limits of Authority
- Liaise with Authorized Inspection Agencies (TSSA, ESA, etc)
- Maintain statistics on vital project metrics, including Safety (MTI's, LTI's, etc) and Quality (NCR's, # Rework, etc)
- Participate in company-wide initiatives aimed at overall continuous improvement
- Technical writing and preparation of technical proposal documents for RFPs
- Lead/participate in dispute resolution activities with union associations and governing bodies
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Performance and results oriented
- Able to deliver desired results while maintaining composure under challenging deadlines and high customer expectations
- Construction project management knowledge and experience, with Gold Seal or PMP preferred
- Post-secondary university or college technical degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Piping/Mechanical/Electrical/I&C specific and general construction knowledge
- Possess strong leadership skills with emphasis on leading by example
- Proficient at critically reviewing RFP documents and contracts
- Experienced at administering prime contract and preparing/administering subcontracts
- Proficient at delivering presentations to staff and clients
- Strong technical writing skills in support of technical proposals and project planning documents
- Excellent inter-personal communication and negotiation skills
- Nuclear Quality Assurance program knowledge is an asset
- Engineering Change Control program knowledge is an asset
- Analytical ability and effective decision making
- Advanced planning, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Scheduling software - Primavera (P6) or Microsoft Project
- Estimating software - Hard Dollar experience is an asset
- Computer proficiency - Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.