As a Project Coordinator you will play a key role in providing leadership in managing/supervising construction projects by assisting in the project management and coordination of schedules, manpower, customer relations, engineering, etc. Risk analysis; project forecasting, liaising with owner are daily occurrences in these positions. .|
The Project Coordinator reports to the Project Engineer, Project Manager, or Account Manager responsible for the project. Following the Project Manager's review of the project estimate, budget, commercial and the technical review of the project, the Project Coordinator directs, coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering and construction requirements within the scope of a specified project.
- Plans and implements an engineering and construction program, including defining the project plan, activities, milestones, and manpower requirements
- Develops and maintains the project schedule and budget for the engineering and construction segments of the project
- Provides status report of project milestones and adjustment to schedules
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Identifies project manpower requirements and coordinates manpower with appropriate trades and subcontractors
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, as built drawings, turnover documents, etc.
- Reviews project design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications
- Coordinates activities relating to technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems
- Evaluates and recommends design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management
- Forecast and tracks change orders and scope changes
- Assists and monitors safety programs and statistics as required
- Writes and reviews purchase specifications and subcontract documents
- Active involvement in quality assurance with regards to understating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Provides estimating and project management back-up as required.
- Performs such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor/manager
- Develop and write reports, business correspondence
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Post secondary school education in an Engineering discipline
- Pursuing Professional Engineering Status
- Minimum 2 - 5 years' experience in a construction or EPC environment
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced computer skills - Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Project controls experience is an asset
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.