|Job Ref:||1611492||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||City:||Norristown||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 22:12|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The Project Engineer (PE) is a Field-based resource who supports the Installation and Service of large complex jobs. He/she will work closely with local resources, either internal or subcontracted, to ensure a clear understanding of both system design and scope of work from a technical perspective. The PE is responsible for early awareness of large jobs & engagement with Sales Teams (Core & National/Govt.), the Centers of Excellence (COE), Field Leadership, and local Project Managers. The PE will be aware of the technical competencies within the markets they support and recognize when delivery challenges may arise. The Project Engineer will also help assess long-term technician development needs and develop training roadmaps with Area & Regional Field Leaders. This position is ultimately responsible for improving the customer experience and the financial performance of the jobs and service agreements that they support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supporting the Installation and Service of large/complex jobs within the geographic areas they support.
Monitoring both ‘Customer Experience’ and ‘Est. vs. Act. GM%’ trends within their assigned markets.
Communicating best practices and preferred products/services to maximize operational performance.
Reviewing & reconciling system design, cost estimates, and scope of work documents for jobs in their area.
Participating in internal and external (customer) meetings as needed to review delivery plans.
Assessing the competencies/deficiencies of local delivery teams and developing long-term training roadmaps.
Communicating proactively with Sales Teams and Centers of Excellence (COE) regarding new opportunities early in the pursuit/proposal process.
Tracking productive time (activity categories & categories) to capacity and financial performance models.
Other duties as assigned.
Engineer Back Ground
• At least 5-7 years of experience in a networking or networking-related position (IT centric)
• Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification or equivalent
• CompTIA Network and CompTIA Security certification or equivalent preferred
• Working knowledge of installing, configuring and troubleshooting enterprise Networking equipment including, Juniper, Cisco, HP, Dell, Extreme.)
• Experienced in network/computer hardware monitoring and troubleshooting. (Eg. SNMP, Netflow, Cisco Prime, PRTG, SolarWinds and Wireshark)
• Very strong networking knowledge required. Cross-platform, standards-based, computer networking skills a must; Cisco, HP, Dell, Juniper, VMWare, Extreme, etc.
Advanced routing knowledge a must; Multicast, IGMP, BGP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, etc
Tunneling technologies; IPSEC, L2TP, GRE, VXLAN, etc
• Knowledgeable in datacenter network architectures
• Very strong network security knowledge
• Knowledgeable in security architectures
• Knowledgeable in storage technologies, including NAS and SAN in addition to various snapshot technologies.
• Proficient in Windows Server 2008 and 2012 OS administration, installation, customization, configuration and troubleshooting. (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS)
• Advanced knowledge of PC and server architecture including specification, installation, configuration, and support of both x86-based and x64-based hardware.
• General knowledge of system redundancy solutions and failover architectures.
• Knowledgeable in Virtual Environments including VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V implementation and management.
• Experience with Telco, VOIP, and recording systems a plus
• Relevant experience in systems integration
• Ensure that accurate documentation is maintained.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently while paying close attention to detail
• Ability to balance and communicate options
College degree, Associate degree or equivalent 2-year electronic trade school training.
Enterprise certification in Tyco Integrated Security approved Access Control and Video System platforms preferred.
3-5 years of supervisory or mid-level management experience within a field service based company preferred.
Strong understanding of integrated security solutions.
Proven technical skills including network configuration, Microsoft product knowledge, relational databases, various OS platforms.
Ability to troubleshoot complex systems at any level.
Working knowledge of critical Tyco platforms including Compass, TIP, Oracle, etc. preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Collaborative work skills. Solution oriented.
We offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.