KBR COMPANY INFORMATION |
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, procurement, construction, and services company, we support the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our clients have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With more than 27,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, procurement, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us, and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Title: Specialist, Field Planner/Estimator
KBR is seeking a(n) Specialist, Field Planner/Estimator to join its team in Deer Park, TX
- Make job walks and get familiar with the units. Learn the equipment, etc.
- Identify who and all personnel you will have interaction with. Build relationships.
- Develop plot plans.
- Recognize the need and have skill to request secondary discipline support (I&E, rotating equipment).
- Participate in the scope definition process, working with the client with a focus on the mechanical activities (equipment inspections, repairs and capital projects).
- Plan jobs assigned in the Excel and or SAP planning tool and produce in accordance with guidelines set by lead planners, planning coordinators and TAR Coordinator.
- Maintain all planning documentation including progress in ( Access, Excel spreadsheet etc.) defined by the planning coordinator and TAR Coordinator
- Coordinate/plan capital project activities for TAR as defined by TAR and construction Coordinator.
- Support secondary discipline planning to finalize plans for mechanical activities associated with I&E and rotating equipment jobs.
- Assemble, organize and distribute electronic and physical job packages to include (PID, Picture, BOM, Job scope, Technical Data etc.)
- Chair meetings, Review and Ensure executing contractor understands the contents of their and associated contractors, mechanical work packages.
- Provide field support to the Execution organization for mechanical jobs, including safety and quality oversight
- Generate, Update and monitor progress of project, provide informative feedback to management Perform daily field observations and generate a daily journal with an account of daily events (notes/photographs) Documenting daily findings and events (notes/photographs)
- Ensure discovery work is addressed through TAR-specific work process and provide planning/estimating/material and/or service procurement.
- Provide contractors with any additional documentation needed to conduct work properly
- Attend and provide informative fact based feedback on close-out of projects via lessons learned.
- Participate in review meetings and creation of lessons learned
- Archive electronic and physical historical data (journal, photos, other)Ensuring planning details, daily notes, photos, and other documentation are properly archived
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401(k) plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Must be proficient with MS Office suite and Primavera V6.0.
- Competent organization and communication skills are required.
- Turnaround experience and an in-depth knowledge of field execution are required.
- Field walks, field planning activities and field execution evaluations will be required, 50% of activities will be performed in an operating unit.
- Good experience on turnaround / Capital Projects and the ability to work up to 50% of time in the field
- Working knowledge of Word, Access, MS Excel must have the ability to generate and format; charts, graphs, and reports in a manner that can be understood and presented to management.
- The ability to create sketches / ISO's If Needed
- Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 2 years of experience, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.