|Job Ref:||CA_35150||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:02|
Purpose of Role
We are seeking OLE Engineers for the North West Electrification Programme - full time permanent roles.
As an OLE Engineer, you will carry out or review design, detailed design and supervision of a wide variety of OLE projects, and direct the preparation of drawings for schematic and detailed design. You will manage projects as a Lead Engineer, and work effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary project teams. We are looking for an approved Network Rail OLE designer and checker for basic, construction and allocation design.
You will need considerable experience in all forms of OLE design from pre-feasibility to detail design and construction support. Experience in high speed rail design would be advantageous. You will ideally be a Chartered / Incorporated Engineer with either the IMechE or IET.
Production of OHL designs in support of Carillion’s OHL projects, to specification and timescales.
Key areas of responsibility are:
• Assist other members of the Design Team in the production of OHL designs
• Ensure compliance with design specifications
• Undertake the role of CRE/DRE
• Review technical/design standards
• Provide support for tenders
• Undertake role of Checker for all design works
• Manage and monitor OHL design changes
• Provide on site technical design support throughout the construction phase
• Enforce and monitor Health and Safety legislation within designs
• Check installations are completed to standards and specifications
• Proficient in Microstation
This is a safety critical post
Additional Role Information
• Company vehicle & fuel card
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family
• Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands