This position will be staffing a grass roots ethylene plant in the Corpus Christi, TX area. It will be joining the project team for the ethane cracker that is currently permitted and under construction to commission and start-up the plant.|
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Ethylene Welder with our Manufacturing Facility/Chemical Plant located in Gregory, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Lays out, fabricates, installs, and maintains all types of equipment and piping.
- Works from blueprints and sketches; designs and makes installations on all types of piping and equipment.
- Performs associated work concerned with fabrication and repair of vessels, heat exchangers, piping, etc. including rigging, movement and set up of equipment, pressure testing, and inspection of completed work.
- In accordance with industry codes and standards, plans, direct s , and train s helpers and other crafts as required.
- Maintains and makes adjustments to welding equipment as necessary.
- Responsible for the proper checking, planning, and workmanship on all assignments.
- Maintains all welding equipment in safe operation condition.
- Performs sheet metal and structural steel work.
- Lays out the work, planning ahead of actual performance to take into consideration operating curtailments, hazards, material, and equipment, etc.
- Works from blueprints or sketches, but may design and plan his own work, laying out and fabricating equipment in the shop for field installation.
- Takes measurements and will layout and design work for others.
- May plan and direct the work of other welders and helpers on large jobs.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- High School Education or GED required.
- Must be proficient in all types of welding operations including Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, and other brazing, welding and cutting processes.
- Must be able to work with and must be knowledgeable of all types of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Must be able to weld Carbon Steel, Chrome, Stainless, Nickel, Monel, Aluminum, Titanium, Hastelloy materials, and Inconel.
- Knowledge of various metals and their characteristics, and familiarity with all welding techniques is required.
- Must possess ability to certify in various welding processes, positions and different metals.
- This position requires proof of the NCCER certification prior to employment.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.