|Job Ref:||CA_125066-1||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||11/10/2016 01:03|
Purpose of Role
• To meet the business plans, objectives and targets for a Team and provide effective management on a day-to-day basis in order to contribute to the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Group and the wider TPS.
• A full management and leadership role with associated delivery responsibility. The role is multi-faceted and will involve operating on a technical/consultancy level and a managerial/leadership level.
• Delivery of Team budget.
• Management of technical, commercial and contractual risk and opportunities.
• In partnership with the Group Director, establish the strategic objectives of the Team and plan how they will be achieved.
• Work to achieve or exceed the agreed Project Profit Margins and the Gross Margin for the Team.
• Work to ensure the agreed Invoicing and Cash targets are achieved or exceeded.
• Manage technical, commercial and contractual risks and opportunities.
• Ensure that the Team and the services offered are appropriately positioned in the market and that new areas of business are constantly sought and developed.
• Work with the Team in order to advance its technical capability to the highest standard.
• Continue to develop technical expertise alongside delivery of personal sales activity. This will include identifying innovative approaches and techniques and presenting technical papers.
• Develop, establish and maintain the proper policies and procedures.
• Provide a responsive, customer focused service to external and internal clients ensuring a high quality of service and client satisfaction.
• Act in a Project Director or Job Manager capacity on projects and manage projects to clients’ expectations, programme and budget.
• Lead and take responsibility for Team on technical, commercial and contractual issues, giving direction and focus and participate in setting strategy and budgets.
• Project development including preparation of briefs, scope of works etc, completion of technical tasks as appropriate to complete the works, liaison with clients, stakeholders, other professional bodies and contractors.
• Direct liaison with Clients with ability to assist clients in the development of project briefs.
• Manage the staff complement in the Team ensuring that all Company processes are followed and that the Team is effectively staffed to meet its short and long term objectives.
• Client and Business Development Management - take a leadership role, ‘leading from the front’, ensure the successful marketing of the Team and the wider Group’s services to new and existing clients.
• Assist in work winning plans and sales and marketing initiatives, proactively seek opportunities, especially with existing clients.
• Creates opportunities for strategic working partnerships.
• Facilitate cross selling opportunities between the Team and other teams within the business.
• Support TPS in the winning and delivering of profitable contracts while maintaining high levels of customer service and satisfaction.
• Ensure all company procedures and processes in the areas of quality, health, safety and environment are followed to ensure an effective and safe working environment for all employees.
Additional Role Information
• CEng MICE and/or CEng MIStructE
• UK Driving Licence
• Railway and/or highways structures examination/inspection/maintenance experience
• Profit centre responsibility experience
• Strong recent track record in work winning
• NRIL PTS
• NRIL STE2 and/or STE6