|Job Ref:||CA_35135||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:03|
Purpose of Role
The purpose of the job is to provide Land & Engineering services to both internal and external clients under supervision which adds value both internally to TPS and to our clients by providing economic solutions.
Land & Engineering Surveying is highly skilled and is often undertaken in hazardous environments so needs to be carried out by technically capable, qualified individuals with a passion to learn and develop their skills and knowledge.
• Hands on design of engineering projects
• Production of designs for projects according to relevant Standards/Codes under minimal supervision of Principal
• Assist with liaison with Client with ability to assist client in the development of project briefs under supervision of Principal
• Have an aptitude to multi task and be self-starting
• Understand the need to manage projects to programme and budget
• Under minimal supervision, project development including preparation of briefs, scope of works etc, completion of technical tasks as appropriate to bodies and contractors to TPS Consult’s Quality Assurance procedures
• Responsible for working with the rest of the team in advancing our technical capability to the highest standard. This will include identifying innovative approaches and techniques-Proficient in using relevant specialist software packages with minimal supervision
Additional Role Information
The role will require a high degree of flexibility in working hours as reasonably required by working in a rail environment
• The job holder will be expected to work as part of a team and have a proactive, friendly and efficient manner
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Likely to need to work in a secure environment and hence security checks will be undertaken.