AQUILA Air Traffic Management Services is a partnership between NATS,a leading UK air navigation services specialist and Thales, a driving force in UK and global air traffic management. Together, we are deploying our expert knowledge to improve military air traffic management in the UK. It’s a transformational project named Project Marshall, which will deliver ongoing service efficiency savings for UK military terminal air traffic services throughout the 22 year life of the programme.|
Join AQUILA as a Senior Commercial Officer where you will be supporting the commercial team in the achievement of Aquila's financial and strategic objectives. You will be working under the guidance of the Commercial Manager and Head of Commercial, although you will be expected to work autonomously when required. The Senior Commercial Officer will oversee elements of the contractual affairs of designated parts of the contractual deliverables throughout their entire Life Cycle.
- Serve as a focal point of contact for internal and external customers regarding selected contractual matters by establishing good relationship and communications.
- Maintain contractual obligations matrix for all Aquila-ATMS deliverables ensuring all actionees are informed of requirements.
- Act as point of expertise and thereby maintain all Commercial regular reports both internally and externally.
- Maintain a Commercial actions log ensuring all actionees are informed of requirements.
- Proactively participate in the Change process, including:
- Generate Commercial Responses in accordance with the agreed strategy and customer requirement
- Assisting Change Managers to generate Proposal Documentation (statement of work, Risk Register and Executive Summary) matched to Customer requirements
- Undertaking a commercial review of the full suite of proposal documents
- Ensuring that proposals to customers are priced, developed and approved in accordance with company procedures
- Support the development and implementation of the negotiation strategy, including payment profiles and associated terms to meet the cash flow requirements of the business.
- Prepare and negotiate amendments to existing contracts and arrange for their approval.
- Ensure a robust Contract Baseline is maintained.
- Provide guidance on compliance to terms and conditions, identifying the flow down of such terms and conditions and supporting the assessment of ‘supply chain gap analysis’.
- Assist the Sub Contract Management function by supporting subcontract negotiations as required.
- Identification of potential liabilities, risks, issues and disputes, arising with customers, suppliers, partners and third parties, and produce innovative mitigation plans.
- Interpret, when required, for the benefit of the broader project team, the contracted requirement (including but not limited to terms and conditions and scope of work).
- Maintain contractual records, documentation of key correspondence, status and issue reports etc.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Relevant degree (desirable)Relevant professional qualification e.g. CIPS / IACCM (desirable)
- Basic working knowledge of defence contracting (MOD/export) and/or civil/commercial aerospace contracting
- Ability to write quotations, draft commercial responses to contract terms and conditions and draft basic agreements
- Awareness of commercial issues and risks such as the significance of a change in customer requirements
- Good interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface well at all levels including internally and externally with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Ability to work within agreed frameworks.
- Will need to be mobile/flexible enough to visit other sites both in the UK and internationally at short notice.