|Job Ref:||1611622||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Raleigh||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 22:12|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
The standard function of the position is to learn to provide a complicated level of technical support and the highest level of customer service while programming, troubleshooting, commissioning and/or servicing SimplexGrinnell products. These products include fire alarm, sound, CCTV, access control, communications, and nurse call.
• Exhibit effective customer service skills, by consistently communicating with the Dispatcher, Electronic Operations Manager, Project Manager and our customer to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
• Read and understand complicated blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/system programs, and operation/product manuals. Understands the importance of providing quality service, inspections and TIS.
• Required to lift and or carry equipment and tools, which may over forty (40) pounds. Working environment may involve climbing ladders and scaffoldings with equipment, upwards to forty (40) feet. Capable of working in cramped workspaces such as ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
• Must adhere to all OSHA and SimplexGrinnell safety policies and procedures.
• Complete monthly vehicle reports in a timely manner. Learn to maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customers need.
• Will be required to be "on call" and may be required to work overtime.
• Will receive service calls from dispatchers supplying a brief description of equipment/system malfunctions. Contact the designated customer representative and ascertain degree of severity of equipment/system problem. Identify expectation(s) of customer.
• Will follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, parts manuals, change notices/bulletins, etc., in order to diagnose and repair equipment/system. Learn to access software in order to correct programming problems. Learn to diagnose hardware problems and replace defective equipment as required.
• Ensure that all assigned service calls are completed and have achieved 100% customer satisfaction. All work performed whenever possible should be reviewed with the customer.
• Complete Service Acknowledgment with proper coding through communicating devices and hardcopy. Obtain customer signature after completed service call assignment and collect payment of C.O.D service calls.
Experience: Three years directly related experience servicing SimplexGrinnell or industry related equipment. Must be proficient in the use and application of personal computers including Windows XP programs. Possess working knowledge of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters, and communicating devices.
• One to two years experience in low voltage programming, preferably fire alarm and /or security programming
• Experience in maintaining job site documentation, i.e. time sheets, As-Built drawings
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installation activities.
• Hand tool, power tool, and multi-meter usage experience
• Must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Reliable transportation to and from job site and/or employer premises
• Ability to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to forty pounds. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to forty feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area. Pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SimplexGrinnell work. Wear appropriate safety equipment as required including hats and shoes.
• Properly secure all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
• Ability to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements
• Ability to pass a 50 state background check and obtain a NC security license
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening. SimplexGrinnell offers excellent compensation and benefits program, including educational assistance, employee stock plan and matching 401(k) plan.