Residential Maintenance Operative |
To carry out Routine Inspections to Residential Intruder systems to the relevant standards and to provide the highest level of customer service whilst managing workloads to meet and exceed daily targets and customer expectations.
As part of a team of Engineers to carry out inspection maintenance work to the relevant NSI standards.
To check correct functionality of systems including, but not limited to the following:
- To change all detector batteries and date mark them.
- To test panel and all back-up batteries, changing them where they fail or have been installed for 4 of more years, ensuring they are date marked.
- To check the system arms and disarms correctly.
- To check correct activation of the warning sounders both internal and external and strobe lights.
- To check the system is able to operate normally on the standby batteries.
- To check correct operation of all detection devices.
- To check correct activation of signalling equipment to the Alarm receiving centre.
- To liaise with the service bureau in line with the Company requirements and procedures.
- Accurately complete detail of works on the Mobile Data Device according to work instructions and codes of practice or on a manual docket if necessary
- Report to Branch or the Service Bureau any defects with Intruder system(s). and book follow up appointment for a Service engineer.
- Update the on-site log book.
- Confirm with the Customer they are happy with the work and request they sign the MDD docket.
- To ensure you maintain stocks of materials to meet the demand of the calls scheduled and they are properly replenished each week.
- To ensure tools are carried in vehicles in line with Company standards and are properly maintained.
- To look after company assets.
- To promote and maintain good relations with the customer, ensuring confidentiality, maintaining standards and promoting the good image of the Company.
- Promote and identify sales opportunities through the Engineer lead scheme in order to achieve budgeted revenue.
- To effectively interface with other Company departments to ensure the best level of service is supplied to the customer.
- Report and record any major incidents and customer complaints through the appropriate procedures.
- To ensure all aspects of health and safety requirements are complied with.
Knowledge and Requirements
- To provide excellent Customer Service to meet the expectations and requirements of both the internal and external customers, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers.
- To work safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and to clean up any debris from your work returning faulty batteries for correct disposal to the office.
- Calling the customer ahead of the scheduled Inspection.
- Promote ADT as a market leader, with a positive brand image, by presenting customers with a positive image of ADT employees through your behaviours (in accordance with JCI values).
- Maintain comprehensive mileage and expenses documentation, e.g. timesheets.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by line manager.
- Dedicated to the provision of excellent customer service.
- Is accountable for own actions.
- Results driven.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Comfortable and able to act with autonomy.
- Professional approach.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence others.
- Takes full accountability for performance and development
- Cultural fit with ADT values.
- Develops a team atmosphere through hard work, calmness, tolerance and consistency, attempting to fulfil work projects with honesty and integrity.
- Willingness to undertake irregular working hours.
- Smart appearance.
- Appropriate experience in a customer facing environment.
- Demonstrates a successful track record of achievement.
- Preferably has previous work experience within a technical environment such as fire and security.
- Must possess sound electrical knowledge and have proven background through recognised apprenticeship or hold similar qualification (desirable).
- Must hold a full driving licence.
- Ability to lift, carry and climb ladders, to carry equipment, batteries, hand tools up and down ladders ensuring conformance to health and safety requirements.
- Ability to use power tools to repair and / or dismantle equipment.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Recognised qualification within a technical area (desirable).
- Must possess sound electrical knowledge and have proven background through recognised apprenticeship or hold similar qualification.
- Capable of fault diagnostic and repair of same.
- Ability to lift, carry and climb ladders. To carry equipment up and down ladders, including the use of power tools, ensuring conformance to health and safety requirements.
- Good communication skills.
- Effective team player.
- Must possess a current full driving licence.
- Comply with ADT dress code, including wearing company uniform.