- Requisition ID:
- Position Title:
- Project: Nuclear
- Location: Reston, VA
- Relocation Authorized: National-Family
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen, background check
Bechtel, a 118-year-old company, has more than 55,400 colleagues; completed more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries and established presence in 7 continents. We are very proud to be named the Top U.S. Contractor by the Engineering News-Record for the 18th consecutive year. In the Nuclear, Security and Environmental global business unit, the demand for our expertise is growing as we deliver the entire project life cycle: from research and development through engineering, procurement, construction and operation to decontamination and decommissioning. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that make the world cleaner and safer.
This position is for nuclear work in the UK. This position will be located in the Reston, VA NA project operates on work scheduleA which is Mon-Fri7:00 am to 4:30 pm with alternating Fridays off.
- Originate and check civil engineering deliverables of moderate complexity, such as site drainage, grading, utility plans & profiles, and roadway/parking lot layout.
- Reviews and coordinates technical documents with/from other engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction.
- Prepare technical reports related to specific design issues.
- Manage specifically assigned work activities.
- Participate in technical meetings and perform intra-discipline coordination.
- Assist in constructability reviews.
- BS in civil engineering from an accredited university or college, and6 years progressive related experience.
- In lieu of degree, must have at least 12 years of progressive related experience.
- Some marine experience needed - harbor, breakwater, shore protection.
- Prior experience working in a Nuclear Quality and Safety Environment
- Have a U.S. Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- BS (or MS) and work experience should be directly related to the design of utilities, site drainage, grading, and roads.
- Experience using Civil Engineering design software program, InRoads.
- Experience with CADD applications, such as MicroStation or AutoCad.
- Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc).
- Understand the work processes of other disciplinesand departments on projects.
- Knowledge of construction methods for Civil projects.
- Knowledge of engineering deliverables, such as drawings, specifications, and material requisitions.
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Proficient in the use of Mathcad or similar software.
- Necessary skills to present technical subjects with competence and confidence.
- Knowledgeable with methods of construction for concrete and steel structures.
- Experience with regulations and requirements regarding Construction Stormwater Permitting.
- Experience in resolving field issues associated with Field Change Notices (FCN), Field Change Requests (FCR), Non-Conformance Reports (NCR), etc.
- Willingness to relocate after assignment completion.
Shaping tomorrow together!
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.