|Job Ref:||92601339||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Massachussetts||City:||Pittsfield||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 05:13|
ID: 2015-15767 |
Required Clearance: Secret
Job Location: USA-MA-Pittsfield
Posted Date: 8/21/2015
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today's dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering using an open systems approach, General Dynamics Mission Systems solves our customers' most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.
At GDMS, our employees work in collaborative teams with leading edge technology and the best in the industry to solve tough customer problems while keeping our nation safe. Individuals are empowered to do their best work in an environment that encourages and supports innovative, collaborative and creative thinking. The General Dynamics ethos of honesty, transparency and trust is apparent in the way we work with our colleagues and our customers.
We look forward to you joining our high performance team at GD Mission Systems!
Learn more about life in the Berkshires by viewing this video .
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team. The position provides an opportunity to develop the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security NA selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to create and manage various General Dynamics Mission Systems and client technologies. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Senior Systems Engineer will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Senior Systems Engineers will participate in the Strategic Systems Programs Alteration (SPALT) technical writting and Installation teams. The selected candidate will participate on a team responsible to development and coordinating SSP Shipboard Integration (SSI) alteration documentation. The selected candidate will also provide SWS system expertise for GDMS SPALT Installation and will be responsible provide technical support for planning and coordination of SSI installation. During alteration deployments the individual will provide technical direction to Tiger Teams to ensure problems are recognized and expeditiously resolved. This individual must work closely with Technical Management and GDMS headquarters technical support engineers to develop optimum solutions that impact the support of GDMS fielded products.
• Ensure rapid and complete response to problems relating to SSI Increment alterations. Proactively identify, evaluate and resolve any potential problem areas
• The individual is responsible for providing technical leadership on Strategic Systems Programs Office, SP23 branch systems and equipments associated with the FBM programs
• Assist in planning, scheduling, and performance of tasks associated with equipment removal, installation, modification, test, operation and maintenance
• Represent GDMS on projects, special investigations, etc., in conjunction with SP23, associate contractors, and other government organizations
• Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance
• Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
• Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the General Dynamics Mission Systems culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures.
• Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure General Dynamics Mission Systems services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices.
• Coordinate mission critical technical discussions with program industry partners
• Represent GDMS on the System Integration and Test Integrated Product Team
• Work with the System Integration and Test Integrated Product Team to develop Missile Control Center Module and Missile Compartment build and test processes
• Develop integrated schedules for product and material deliveries ensuring customer commitments are satisfied
• Travel to customer meetings will be required (25%)
Candidates must show a passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of advanced electronics systems, and the ability to further advance and support GDAIS network technology.
The Senior Systems Engineer position requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Enginnering, Mechanical Engineering or a related specialized area or the equivalent, and two to five years of related experience; or a master's degree with zero to two years of related experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
• Experience developing shipyard test procedures for advanced electronic equipment
• Familiarity with Strategic Systems Programs installation and check out processes