Loads and unloads trucks, railway cars, or aircraft. Moves material within a warehouse or storage facility to and from the loading platform by carrying, pushing, rolling or operating hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, motorized conveyors, or other material handling equipment. Applies some advanced skills to the position or specialization. May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position. Duties and tasks are frequently non-routine. Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels. Works under minimal supervision. This position is on the 1 st Shift.
- Become proficient in WMS applications.
- Pick, pack and ship parts according to shipping procedures.
- Required to use a RF Gun (LXE brand).
- Load and unload materials in warehouse and storage facility using warehouse equipment.
- Load for accuracy and safety moves of materials and ensure timely and complete deliveries.
- Conveys materials using forklift to the conveyor per company policy.
- Heavy lifting is also required in some material handler’s duties.
- Other duties required within the warehouse functions; providing training to newer associates, inspecting items while loading/unloading trucks.
- Flexibility with time schedule and able to work weekends.
- OT required at end of month and end of quarters.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required with 3 years experience in warehousing is highly preferred.
- Candidates for this position require knowledge in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Access.
- Prior experience working in a warehouse/distribution environment desired experience and knowledge of reverse logistics processes are ideal.
- Providing on-the-job training of new employees
- Effective oral and writing communication skills with internal customers
- Goal oriented attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Able to follow directions and policies of the department
- The role may require long hours standing and bending.
- Forklift Certification supplied by Tyco.