Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||128579BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Bristol||Address:|| |
Bristol, City of Bristol, UK (Show on map)
|Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||25/09/2016 22:29|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
AECOM's Transportation division is looking to recruit a Consultant to its expanding Rail Planning team. The post could be located in either Bristol or Cardiff, but some travel would be expected between the two offices, both centrally located. This will be of interest to those seeking to develop their career in the rail industry and being involved in projects including new station openings, new/enhanced rail service appraisals, demand forecasting and rail strategy development. Whilst the key role would be to support AECOM's rail planning capability, the nature of our work would include a wider public transport planning brief.
AECOM's Rail Planning Team
The Rail Planning team is based in a number of offices around the country and comprises individuals with a wide ranging capability. The diversity of skills means that they are able to service the majority of client needs from local project offices with support from specialists from the wider AECOM transport planning business. The team is involved in local, national and international projects with a variety of clients including the Welsh Government, Department for Transport, Network Rail, Train Operating Companies and Local Authorities. We also provide support to bidders for UK rail franchises and light rail concessions. The multi-disciplinary nature of the company also means that we are able to develop project teams from disciplines wider than transport planning to offer clients a true 'one stop shop'.
Some current and recent projects include:
• Demand and Revenue forecasting advice to TOC seeking to operate additional services outside of current franchise commitment
• Heart of Wales Line Service Enhancement assessments
• Evaluation of NSIP and Gowerton Redoubling
• South West Wales Rail Strategy
• Carmarthen to Aberystwyth Reopening Scoping Study
• Halton Curve Feasibility Study
We are now seeking an individual with a sound technical background to share our enthusiasm and determination towards further growth. Candidates will be rewarded with excellent opportunities to develop their career within the rail industry with AECOM.
This Post would be suitable for graduates with at least 3 years' relevant experience of working on transport projects within a team, delivering to quality, time and budgets. Our salary package would reflect experience appropriately.
The role will also require:
• Understanding of the principles of transport planning and appraisal in a UK rail context:
• Ideally, experience in rail demand forecasting using the Passenger Demand Forecasting Handbook, the Moira and the use of LENNON data;
• Knowledge of UK rail industry structure;
• Self-motivation and capability to undertake specific tasks with minimum supervision;
• Ability to manage own time to meet project deadlines;
• Excellent spreadsheet skills;
• Presentation and meeting skills;
• Excellent technical writing capability;
• Wider rail-related knowledge (e.g. operations, rolling stock, performance, light rail) would be useful but not essential.
The preferred candidate would be:
• Educated to degree/masters level
• Working towards Professional Accreditation, such as CMILT, MTPS, CIHT or MICE.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.