|Job Ref:||128586BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:|| |
Cardiff, Cardiff, UK (Show on map)
|Post Code:||CF10||Post Date:||25/09/2016 22:29|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are looking to recruit a Transport Planning Consultant/Senior Transport Planning Consultant to our Transport Planning business in the South West and Wales. This role can be based in our Bristol, Exeter or Cardiff offices. The Transport Planning team is expanding to meet the demands of our wide portfolio of clients - from both within the UK and overseas. This role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner looking to progress their career in transportation modelling and management of strategic highway and multi modal modelling tasks.
An ideal candidate will come from an analytical background, such as mathematics, economics, physics or engineering, will have experience in transport planning and possess the key requirements and drive to deliver to the job responsibilities listed below. We value a combination of analytical and communication skills, with a creative and enthusiastic approach to problem solving. We are seeking an individual with an in-depth appreciation of strategic transportation modelling with good knowledge of wider transport planning issues, including the project appraisal process. This is an exciting opportunity to join an accomplished team and work on a range of ground breaking and innovative projects for a wide variety of clients.
AECOM is a global leader in providing fully integrated professional technical and management support services for a broad range of markets including transportation, architecture, building engineering, construction services, energy, environment, programme cost consultancy and water.
Our Transport Planning teams plan and evaluate future transport schemes, forecast demand and revenue, develop business cases, undertake economic appraisal, as well as look at the relationships between spatial planning and transport.
Current and recent projects undertaken by our south west and Wales transport modelling team include:
• Midlands Regional Transport Model;
• A55/A494/A594 Key Stage 2, transport modelling and option appraisal;
• A14 Cambridge to Huntington, transport modelling, business case and consultation;
• A96 Dualling, transport modelling and business case appraisal;
• Bow Vision and Stratford Gyratory, strategic and micro simulation modelling;
• Sutton Tramlink extension / Croydon Tramlink Dingwall Loop;
• Abu Dhabi STEAM Model applications; and
• International toll road studies.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
• Delivering high quality technical tasks independently and under supervision from more senior staff;
• Task management - supervising and checking tasks undertaken by junior staff;
• Contributing to technical client reports and presentations;
• Developing technical and financial proposals on new projects;
• Undertaking Project Management (under supervision) for smaller projects, including cost control and client liaison;
• Interact and co-ordinate with other business lines on various multi-disciplinary projects.
• Experience in transport modelling and forecasting of travel demand and supply;
• Experience in using one or more relevant strategic transport planning software packages and programming/scripting languages e.g. Emme, SATURN, CUBE, VISUM, Python, MS-DOS, VB etc;
• Knowledge and experience in data analysis using one or more data analysis packages e.g. Excel, Access, SPSS etc. Knowledge of VBA would be advantageous;
• Experience in appraisal and evaluation of transport proposals to current DfT/Welsh Government standards;
• Good knowledge and familiarity with key guidance documents, such as WebTAG and WelTAG;
• Self-motivation and capability to undertake specific tasks with minimum supervision;
• Ability to manage own time to meet project deadlines;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Good technical writing capability;
• Capability to set out specific tasks and supervise others in the completion of these tasks;
• The ability to communicate technical and management aspects of work to senior staff;
• The ability to manage larger tasks or small/medium sized projects;
• Capability to set out and produce quality client reports;
• Ability to manage client contact and liaison;
• Good appreciation of project risk issues and application of these to day-to-day tasks;
• Proven experience in a number of areas within transport planning;
• Knowledge of project budgetary issues and the capability to deliver work to time and budget;
• The ability to communicate technical concepts and provide a level of supervision to more junior staff.
• Membership of, or working towards membership of, a chartered professional institution.
• A master's degree or PhD in Transport Planning or related analytical subject.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.