|Job Ref:||128569BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Exeter||Address:|| |
Exeter, Exeter, Devon, UK (Show on map)
|Post Code:||EX2||Post Date:||30/09/2016 22:58|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Transport Planning Consultant, in our Exeter office, to assist in the growth and development of the AECOM Transportation Team in the South West. This role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner looking to progress their career in a position involving a combination of project work and business development. Part of the role will involve supporting the South West Monitoring and Evaluation team through technical project work and development of the local market.
The ideal candidate will have experience covering a broad range of transport planning skill areas, including: transport strategy & business case development, transport modelling, economics, scheme appraisal, monitoring, evaluation and sustainable transport.
Our range of UK clients includes the DfT, Welsh Government, Highways England and a number of local authorities in England and Wales. Our Exeter and Bristol offices work closely as a combined team and we have an ambitious business plan to expand our team and develop our portfolio of projects in the South West. New members of our team will have an opportunity to implement this plan and play a key role in the development and success of the team.
• Developing Technical and Financial Proposals on new projects;
• Undertake project management, including cost control and client liaison;
• Delivering high quality technical tasks independently and under supervision from more senior staff;
• Working with and supervising more junior staff;
• Assisting with business development activities; and
• Interact and co-ordinate with other business lines.
• Good understanding of South West marketplace;
• Proven experience in a number of areas within transport planning;
• Degree in relevant subject;
• The ability to communicate technical and management aspects of work to senior staff;
• The ability to manage larger tasks or small/medium sized projects;
• Ability to manage client contact and liaison;
• Good appreciation of project risk issues and application of these to day-to-day tasks;
• Knowledge of project budgetary issues and the capability to deliver work to time and budget; and
• The ability to communicate technical concepts and provide a level of supervision to more junior staff.
• Membership of a chartered professional institution;
• A masters degree or PhD in Transport Planning or related subject / social based discipline.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.